***Respond to Local Disasters Red Cross Duty Officer/Client Caseworkers/Disaster Action Team/Shelton
Disaster Action Team - Give Hope Now
Red Cross Duty Officers / Client Caseworkers
When residents are forced from their homes due to home fires, wildfires, and major flooding; Red Cross volunteers are mobilized to respond.
Red Cross Disaster Volunteers are on-call during either daytime, evening after-hours, and weekend shifts.
Red Cross Duty Officers ensures timely activation, dispatch, and monitoring of local disaster action team (DAT) during disaster response and appropriate resources are available. This on-call position requiring the ability to prioritize multiple tasks in complex and stressful situations. Computer skills and internet access required while on rotation.
As a Red Cross Client Caseworker serving on a Disaster Action Team, volunteers must respond on scene to meet with disaster clients to determine their emergency needs and provide assistance such as food, clothing, and shelter to individuals and families devastated by a disaster.
Both Duty Officer and Client Caseworkers need following skills and qualifications:
- Honor and fulfill volunteer commitment, duties, responsibilities
- Able to answer phone call consistently and quickly during on-call rotation shift
- Have flexible work or personal schedule to be able to respond
- Adaptable and friendly personality to work w/ and help people from all different backgrounds
- Patient and able to handle chaotic / emergency situations and settings
- Strong computer, database, verbal and written communications skills
- Service above self attitude and desire to serve community / clients
- Detail-oriented, and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Effectively communicate availability, schedule conflicts or vacations in advance
- Willing to complete Red Cross online training courses and update certifications as necessary
- Operate within established fiscal controls
- Follow Red Cross policies, regulations and procedures
Training is provided. Bilingual skills are an asset.
- Minimum one year commitment
- Regular one week on-call rotation starting Friday night throughout entire weekend into
after-hours weekday evenings including any holidays during shift
- Waking up in the middle of the night
- Willingness to drive throughout the county in which you reside
About American Red Cross / Northwest Region
1900 25th Ave South, Seattle, WA 98114, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
We'll work with your schedule.
Various locations in Mason County, WAShelton, WA 98584
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Disaster Response
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training