Mentor GNO High School Students
5 people are interested
Heart of Passion is a Charlotte based non-profit organization that exists to:
- tear down walls that cancer builds emotionally and socially for teens
- add a spark of VIP treatment during key life phases
- pave the way for a future of socially minded, personally responsible community and business leaders
We are seeking young professionals to sign on a for a year-long commitment of teaching the Heart of Passion created curriculum to local high school students. The curriculum includes foundations of event planning, fundraising, and business skills which the teens in our Leadership Development Program put to use immediately by planning, fundraising for, and executing a Charlotte based retreat for teens with cancer.
About HEART OF PASSION INC
203 CHATTAN TRL, PEACHTREE CTY, GA 30269, US
Dedicated to providing individualized experiences that incrementally improve the world as a whole through specialized progams that connect our young adult teens leaders to young adult teens with cancer. Two special programs benefit both groups of teens but also connects our community for the greater good.
Heart of Passion (HoP) is a nonprofit organization that empowers teen leaders to independently plan, organize, and fundraise for a 4 day all-expense paid retreat for teens with cancer where these teens can build relationships and find respite from their treatments. This retreat is called Red Carpet Day. The leaders depend on young professional mentors to guide and support them through the entire process.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN:
- Make a difference in the lives of others.
- Cultivate the next generation of leaders.
- Learn to identify and develop strengths to form a cohesive, working team.
- Teach high school students real world skills - and watch them use these skills to achieve amazing results.
- Have the opportunity to help teens with cancer, as well as molding new leaders.
- Discover and explore your own professional strengths for continued personal growth.
We'll work with your schedule.
607 St. Charles AvenueNew Orleans, LA 70130
- Business Development
- Group Facilitation
- Event Planning / Management
- Background Check
- Must be at least 22
- Orientation or Training
- ~10 hours per month; 2 hours in-person and intermittent virtual check-ins