Pennies for Patients Kickoff Road Warrior Volunteer
1 person is interested
- Pennies for Patients Kickoff Road Warrior Volunteer
- Conduct kickoff assembly presentations at local elementary and combined schools across the chapter. Script and necessary props provided
- Commit to a minimum of 5 assemblies during the school calendar year
- Coordinate on a weekly basis with Pennies for Patients staff on scheduling to ensure we fulfill commitment to our participating schools
- Participate in training with chapter Pennies for Patients staff
Volunteer should possess the following skills/qualifications:
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Vehicle to get to and from assembly. Mileage reimbursement will be provided
- Flexible schedule based on mutually agreed upon times. Assemblies must be completed during school hours 8am - 4pm.
CLICK HERE FOR OUR VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
About Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Michigan Chapter
1471 E. 12 Mile Rd, Madison Heights, MI 48071, US
The mission of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
We work tirelessly to find cures and ensure patients can access the lifesaving treatments they need. When someone experiences the fear and uncertainty of a blood cancer diagnosis, we provide hope, compassion, education and support. Our impact is felt beyond blood cancer. The breakthrough treatments we helped advance for blood cancers are now improving the lives of people affected by many types of cancer.
Volunteers are our partners in the crusade to end cancer.
In 2017, LLS volunteers made a significant impact while selflessly dedicating their time and talent to achieve our mission. With countless ways to engage, from fundraising to providing patient support, our volunteers are changing the landscape of cancer.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Michigan Chapter was founded in 1989 to serve residents who have been touched by one of the blood cancers: leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma. The chapter serves the entire state with offices in Madison Heights and Grand Rapids.
1471 E. 12 Mile RoadMadison Heights, MI 48071
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Background Check
- All volunteers must conduct a minimum of 5 assemblies during the school year.
- Best For Age/Groups • Individual Time of Opportunity • Afternoon Morning Weekday Skills • Community Engagement Fundraiser School and Youth Speaker Duration of Opportunity • Long-term • Close