Pennies for Patients Honored Hero Parent
3 people are interested
Pennies for Patients is a science-based, service learning program. We connect schools with local blood cancer patients, provide tangible life skills to participants, and allow students to see the impact they're making in the lives of others, Elementary and Middle Schools that participate receive a comprehensive, experiential K-8 STEM curriculum to incorporate into their fundraising campaign or beyond.
The Honored Hero is a dedicated individual or family member affected by a blood cancer who serves as an inspiration and provides support to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS). By sharing stories of strength and courage at our Pennies for Patients event, an Honored Hero raises awareness of LLS’s mission with participants and donors and encourages and motivates them to raise funds to benefit LLS. Being an Honored Hero helps put a "face" to LLS’s mission connecting donors and participants to further the cause. The outcomes of this role serve our mission work and will require the volunteer to perform tasks that may include:
- Promote the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society message and build support for our mission
- Participating in the Pennies for Patients event
- Sharing one’s story/image through public speaking events or marketing materials
- Writing Thank you notes to participants and donors
The volunteer should possess the following skills/qualifications:
- Commitment to assisting the team for the overall success of the campaign
- Ability to professionally represent LLS and its mission
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to speak publicly
- Available to participate in event(s). Events may be on weekends or week nights.
CLICK HERE FOR OUR VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
About Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Michigan Chapter
1471 E. 12 Mile Rd, Madison Heights, MI 48071, US
The mission of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
We work tirelessly to find cures and ensure patients can access the lifesaving treatments they need. When someone experiences the fear and uncertainty of a blood cancer diagnosis, we provide hope, compassion, education and support. Our impact is felt beyond blood cancer. The breakthrough treatments we helped advance for blood cancers are now improving the lives of people affected by many types of cancer.
Volunteers are our partners in the crusade to end cancer.
In 2017, LLS volunteers made a significant impact while selflessly dedicating their time and talent to achieve our mission. With countless ways to engage, from fundraising to providing patient support, our volunteers are changing the landscape of cancer.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Michigan Chapter was founded in 1989 to serve residents who have been touched by one of the blood cancers: leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma. The chapter serves the entire state with offices in Madison Heights and Grand Rapids.
1471 E. 12 Mile RoadMadison Heights, MI 48071
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Several hours the day of the event
- Best For Age/Groups • Individual Time of Opportunity • Flexible Skills • School and Youth Product/Campaign • Pennies for Patients