Pennies for Patient Cultivation Volunteer
Pennies for Patients is a science-based, service learning program. We connect schools with local blood cancer patients, provide tangible life skills to participants, and allow students to see the impact they're making in the lives of others, Elementary and Middle Schools that participate receive a comprehensive, experiential K-8 STEM curriculum to incorporate into their fundraising campaign or beyond.
The purpose of this role is to help facilitate the cultivation process with Volunteer Coordinators by helping to create long lasting relationships with our school partners through communication and customer service that ultimately increase fundraising efforts strengthen the relationship with our Volunteer Coordinator and LLS Staff
- Position Tasks
- Reach out to schools to help schedule Strategy Meetings and Assemblies
- Actively reach out to schools in the Active School Management Life Cycle to help with engagement, cultivation, check-in and wrap-up process
- Cultivate and support LLS relationship’s with LLS Staff and Volunteer Coordinators
- Help to inspire Volunteer Coordinators to achieve fundraising goals through great customer service
- Celebrate with LLS Staff and Volunteer Coordinators goal achievement and successes
- Desired Skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Outgoing, engaging, friendly personality
- Communicate effectively
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and insurance
CLICK HERE FOR OUR VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
About Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Michigan Chapter
1471 E. 12 Mile Rd, Madison Heights, MI 48071, US
The mission of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
We work tirelessly to find cures and ensure patients can access the lifesaving treatments they need. When someone experiences the fear and uncertainty of a blood cancer diagnosis, we provide hope, compassion, education and support. Our impact is felt beyond blood cancer. The breakthrough treatments we helped advance for blood cancers are now improving the lives of people affected by many types of cancer.
Volunteers are our partners in the crusade to end cancer.
In 2017, LLS volunteers made a significant impact while selflessly dedicating their time and talent to achieve our mission. With countless ways to engage, from fundraising to providing patient support, our volunteers are changing the landscape of cancer.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Michigan Chapter was founded in 1989 to serve residents who have been touched by one of the blood cancers: leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma. The chapter serves the entire state with offices in Madison Heights and Grand Rapids.
We'll work with your schedule.
1471 E. 12 Mile RoadMadison Heights, MI 48071
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Resource Development / Management
- People Skills
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- This is a volunteer position and can run from Fall through Spring with mutually agreed upon time frames per week and month based on volunteers availability and time commitment. Approximately 5-10 hours a week with a flexible schedule.
- Community Engagement Fundraiser School and Youth Speaker Volunteer Management