Forever DC Mentorship Program Volunteers
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
1 person is interested
Are you creative, self-motivated, and have passion in supporting the community? Do you have experience working with people in general? If so, this may be just the opportunity for you!
The Forever DC Mentorship Program, Inc. is a registered 501 3(c) Non-Profit organization in legacy to Daquan Andy Cooper; we are focused on bettering the youth ages 13-21.
Forever DC Mentoring is looking for volunteers who are enthusiastic, and self-motivated. This person will assist with civic service, mentoring, connecting and networking with local businesses; assisting at workshop events. Join a non-profit that was built to instill and teach the importance of these four pillars; Academic Achievement, Pickyour Passion, Financial Literacy, and Philanthropy; in order for the youth to be academically confident, motivated, better prepared, better qualified and socially conscious.
What we’re looking for...
To volunteer on Thursdays from 4pm-6pm and Saturdays from 12pm-3pm
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative and innovative thinker and planner
- Confident in producing work across multiple platforms
- Able to align multiple brand strategies and ideas
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to work independently or as an active member of a team
- Proficient computer skills, including Google Docs
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- Ability to work in a startup like environment
- It will look great on your resume
- Gain community service hours
- Chance to become part of a growing team!
Job Types: Part-time
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About FOREVER DC MENTORSHIP
1790 BRUCKNER BLVD APT 4E, BRONX, NY 10473, US
The Forever Dc mentorship Program Inc is a Non-Profit organization that is focused on bettering the youth ages 13-21. The program stands on four pillars, Academic Achievement, Pick your Passion, Financial Literacy, and Philanthropy. The organization plans to instill and teach the importance of these four pillars, in order for the youth to be academically confident, motivated better prepared, better qualified and socially conscious. The unique feature about the Forever Dc program is that we will travel into the communities to help the youth instead of them traveling to us. This will filter the issue of the mentees figuring out a way to travel to us. Another key aspect of the mentorship program is that all four pillars will be taught through hands-on engaging activities.
- The academic achievement portion of the program is to support mentees in achieving academic success.
- The purpose of the Pick your Passion(P.Y.P) portion of the program is to allow the mentees to articulate what they are passionate about. With that information, we will bring in mentors to cultivate the mentees passion. (Example: If the mentee loves to draw and paint, we will bring in an artist to work with the mentee and to cultivate their skills). The end goal of this portion is to show the mentees that they are able to make a career in what they are passionate about.
- The purpose of the philanthropy portion of the program is to teach the mentees that there is more to life than receiving. It is also about giving back to the people that are less fortunate.
- The purpose of the financial literacy portion of the program is to teach the mentees financial management skills which will develop better financial habits. We will teach the mentees credit, investments, entrepreneurship, loans and the language of budgeting and saving. This allows the mentees to learn about finances at a young age which will carry over into their adult lives.
We'll work with your schedule.
1680 Seward Ave. Bronx, NY 104731278 Nelson Ave. Bronx, NY 104521000 Rosedale Ave. Bronx 10472Bronx, NY 10473
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Must be at least 16
- Thursdays, 4pm-6pm; Saturdays, 12pm-3pm