OneOC: RSVP (ages 55+) Career Resale Mentors for Laura's House
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
OneOC hosts RSVP volunteers in local Orange County nonprofits to ensure that those most in need of education, food security, food delivery and employment receive the help they need most. RSVP volunteers choose where and how often they want to serve, with commitments ranging from a few hours a month to 40 hours per week.
Benefits of RSVP:
* Personalized Matching - RSVP Orange County has over three decades of experience in matching volunteers with opportunities to meet community needs. We are here to find you the right opportunity for your passions, skills, interests, and your schedule
* Volunteer Insurance - excess accident medical coverage while volunteering
* Recognition - members are eligible for annual recognition including the Presidential Volunteer Service Awards, special events and more
* Community Engagement - newsletters, e-news, website including new opportunities, events, training opportunities and more
About RSVP Program Station: Today, Laura's House continues to be the only state-approved comprehensive domestic violence agency in South Orange County. Annually, Laura's House provides residential shelter services, transitional housing, counseling and workshops, and legal services to thousands of individuals.
Their target population is families experiencing the effects of domestic violence in need of emergency shelter, support, education and counseling. Their goal is to provide supportive service programs that will prepare their clients and their children to live independent and violence free lives, with an emphasis on education and prevention for future generations.
Location: Lake Forest & San Juan Capistrano, CA
Volunteer Opportunity: Volunteers will assist with various roles at the resale store such as sorting/price tagging/light housekeeping, administrative tasks, and image workshops events duties pertaining to donated resale store items needed for those client families who are beginning new, violence free lives, economic employment back into the workforce, inspire hope, and empower change to end domestic violence as well as members of the community.
*This is a volunteer non-paid opportunity.
Hours of Volunteer Service: RSVP volunteers may serve 1-40 hours weekly. Monday - Friday (some Saturday events, if needed)
Eligibility Requirements: To be eligible to participate as an RSVP Volunteer, the candidate must be age 55 or older and complete a RSVP online registration.
How to Apply: You may apply directly to the RSVP Volunteer Program by emailing RSVP@oneoc.org.
1901 E. 4th Street, Suite 100, Santa Ana, CA 92705, US
To Accelerate Nonprofit Success
OneOC is the leading nonprofit of its kind in Orange County, whose mission is "To accelerate nonprofit success." OneOC is committed to developing deep and meaningful experiences for our nonprofits and companies as they serve their respective communities. Our clients benefit from an array of service solutions including volunteer services, organizational development, back-office support and community engagement.
We'll work with your schedule.
23635 El Toro Rd. Suite FLake Forest, CA 92630
- Customer Service
- Retail / Sales
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- 1-40 hours weekly, Tuesday -Friday, (some Saturday events, if needed)
- To be eligible to participate as an RSVP Volunteer, the candidate must be age 55 or older and complete a RSVP online registration.