Grant opportunities researcher
7 people are interested
The grant opportunities researcher's duties include:
- Searching for grant opportunities in the areas of public health and/or community-based participatory research.
- Recommending which opportunities to pursue.
- Possibly drafting and/or editing grant applications.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About DeKalb County Board of Health
445 Winn Way, Decatur, GA 30030, US
The DeKalb County Board of Health's mission is to promote health and provide quality preventive and primary care. We envision safe, healthy communities in which all individuals have access to quality, affordable health services.
The DeKalb County Board of Health: (1) partners with neighborhoods, PTAs, civic groups, faith organizations and others to improve the health of those who live, work and play in DeKalb County; (2) tracks health trends so that resources can be focused on our most pressing concerns; (3) raises public awareness of local health issues; (4) stops the spread of disease through education and early detection; and (5) provides services to help people stay well. We custom design volunteer placements based on each individual's interests, skills and schedule. Facilities are located throughout DeKalb County.
We'll work with your schedule.
DeKalb County Board of HealthRichardson Health Center445 Winn WayDecatur, GA 30030
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Grant Writing / Research
- Internet Research
- Resource Development / Management
- Background Check
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training
- 10-15 hours a week for at least 3 months
- Knowledge of how to seek & identify promising grant opportunities. Background in community health education &/or public health. Excellent computer skills & written & verbal communication skills. Strong organizational skills & attention to detail.