Iolani Palace Docent
3 people are interested
We are starting up our Docent Training Program at Iolani Palace!
The primary focus of a Docent is to share the spirit of aloha by providing an environment that enhances the overall visitor experience. A Docent is able to accomplish his/her role by sharing, interpreting, and celebrating the unique cultural, historical, and spiritual qualities of Iolani Palace and its grounds for the benefit of native Hawaiians, the people Hawaii, and the world.
Information on Docent Training:
- Starting February 3, 2020, take the 12-week Docent Training Course.
- Docent Training Course meets Mondays 9:00am - 12:00pm for 3 hours.
- Class Fee of $60 for materials is due on the first day.
- Classes end April 20, 2020
- Create your own interpretative script for your tour.
- Graduation takes place on April 25, 2020.
Duties of a Docent:
- Complete 20 hours as a Guardian.
- Commit to at least one year of service after your training.
- Provide at least one 45-minute tour per week.
- Be able to answer any questions before, during, and after your tour.
About Iolani Palace
364 South King Street, Honolulu, HI 96813, US
To preserve, restore, interpret, share, and celebrate the unique cultural, historical, and spiritual qualities of Iolani Palace and its grounds for the benefit of native Hawaiians, the people of Hawaii, and the world.
Iolani Palace is a living restoration of a proud Hawaiian national identity, registered National Historic Landmark and the only official royal palace in the United States.
We'll work with your schedule.
364 South King StreetHonolulu, HI 96813
- Teaching / Instruction
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- Public Speaking
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- Must commit to at least one 45 minute tour a week (3 hours per month) after certification.
- 12 weeks (3 hours a week) of Docent Training. 20 Hours as a Palace Guardian. Docent script/tour test.