Volunteer Recruiter-Alameda County
Who you are:
- Experienced. You’ve worked as a volunteer recruiter or volunteer coordinator for at least two years;
- Action-oriented. You know how to get things done. You operate with urgency and efficiency. You maintain composure and remain positive under pressure;
- People person. You are a dependable team player. You understand that people are the core of who we are and place a premium on customer service. You have solid working relationships with: local businesses, political leaders, faith-based community members, Berkeley Unified District staff, Oakland Unified District staff, West Contra Costa County Unified School District staff, local neighborhood councils, and/or other local agencies;
- Data-and detail-oriented. You are informed by data, and can use it to implement comprehensive strategies that meet WriterCoach Connection’s needs. You appreciate the nuance and the nitty-gritty at every turn;
- Clear communicator. You can communicate clearly and concisely. You love working with people and know how to excite them about our coaching programs;
- Highly organized. You know how to juggle multiple priorities. You create and execute clear and logical systems and processes to support your work and that of the organization;
- Passionate. You care about education and underserved youth. You want to come to work and feel inspired every day. You want to change the world and have the ability to engage the full diversity of community members, build productive relationships, deliver professional oral presentations, plan and implement complex work projects, and keep detailed and accurate records;
- Fun. You are overflowing with positive energy and you make people around you feel happy just by you being you. The work we do is serious but we know how to have a good time and you should too.
What you’ll do:
- Recruit volunteer coaches for WriterCoach Connection's proven critical thinking and writing program in Alameda and West Contra Costa Counties
- Execute all stages of high volume volunteer recruitment, coordinating and conducting interviews with stakeholders who have potential volunteers: corporations, faith based organizations, parent groups, clubs, sororities and fraternities;
- Serve as initial point of contact for prospective volunteers;
- Clearly articulate to external audiences WriterCoach Connection’s mission, the work that we do, and the opportunities for amazing people to volunteer with WriterCoach;
- Support in developing and executing strategies to build a diverse and highly qualified volunteer pipeline such that the needs of the WriterCoach Connection Volunteer Training team are met;
- Respond to volunteer applicant inquiries in a prompt and professional manner;
- Maintain applicant information within WriterCoach Connection’s volunteer database;
- Analyze and use data and metrics to meet volunteer recruitment goals across the organization;
- Collaborate with our team on implementation of volunteer recruitment campaigns;
- Partner with the WriterCoach team as needed to support employee engagement programs at some of WriterCoach’s corporate partners, and look for new corporate partners.
About WriterCoach Connection
1212 Preservation Park Way, Suite 100, Oakland, CA 94612, US
WriterCoach Connection connects trained, caring volunteer coaches with middle and high school students to engage, encourage and inspire them to think more critically and write more skillfully. Our vision is that all students discover the power and richness of their own voices and learn to communicate their ideas with clarity and confidence to enable them to participate successfully in personal and academic challenges, career options and community conversations.
Our core program is a robust in-school academic support program in which coaches work one-on-one and in small groups with each and every student in the classroom, in support of teachers’ writing assignments. Additionally, in response to stated needs by educators and students, coaches in our college and career readiness program module work in classroom settings and after-school programs on senior personal statements, early assessment test preparation. and other crucial college readiness projects.
WriterCoach Connection offers a cost-effective and significantly impactful investment, helping students master crucial literacy skills while fostering social-emotional connections between students and their coaches and preparing the young people for a bright and fulfilling future.
We'll work with your schedule.
1212 Preservation Park Way, Ste. 100Oakland, CA 94612
- Sales Marketing
- Sales Process
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Retail / Sales
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 19
- Time commitment is 20 hours/week
- Own transportation