Translator (English to French) for short materials
Status: Volunteer, part-time
Short description: Translate webpages, bios, flyers, guides, documents, and other materials as needed
Estimated time: between 10 and 20 hours total, depending on your speed translating - with a flexible schedule and possibility to work remotely
Do you have free time and want to give back to the community? Do you speak French and English fluently? Would you like to gain experience and improve your translation and writing skills? Do you want to help a great non-profit in the children's education space?
Then this opportunity is for YOU!
EFBA (Education Française Bay Area) is a nonprofit organization promoting bilingualism, specifically by teaching French in the San Francisco Bay Area. EFBA is a unique French school for children ages from 5 to 14. Since French is a minority language in the Bay Area, we have created several programs aiming to offer sufficient exposure to the language to help children become bilingual effortlessly and willingly at an affordable price in the SF Bay Area.
We are seeking an enthusiastic volunteer able to translate short bios of our teachers and assistants on our website from English to French.
- Provide accurate translation of webpages, bios, flyers, guides, documents, and other materials in French and English
- Proof-reading to make sure translations do not contain any errors
What we’re looking for:
- Native or fluent in French
- English fluency
- Good writing skills
- Growth mindset and interest for education
- Excellent technical skills - proficiency in Google Suite and Slack
- Professional and articulate communication skills and a pleasant, professional nature
- Impeccable attention to details
- You get extra points if you’re a great writer and able to review and polish materials for us
What you’ll be getting from us:
- The opportunity to improve your translation, writing and communication skills
- The ability to increase your experience in using technical tools (Google suite, slack)
- The opportunity to work with sharp, motivated co-workers in a collaborative and creative team
- A fun office and team-oriented environment
- A certificate of appreciation attesting of your project and volunteer hours
640 DAVIS ST UNIT 26, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94111, US
Education Française Bay Area was created in 2009 by Gabrielle DURANA to give access to all children to a bilingual education, in our case French. We are a WASC accredited part-time school. Our non profit organization offers high quality yet affordable French after schools, summer camps and cultural programs to both francophone and French as a Second Language children, aged 5-18. The classes take place in local schools of the Bay Area. Our mission statement is simple: to provide a bilingual, multicultural francophone education, opening doors and minds to the world.
"Ideas are a dime a dozen. People who implement them are priceless." Mary Kay Ash
We want to make the world a better place. We believe every child, every person has a potential and it is our individual and collective duty to empower that human through care, guidance and education to become truly part of society.
Care is not enough, we need action and we need justice. We are the change we seek. Howard Thurman once wrote: "Don't just ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you alive, and do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive".
Are you alive? Then let's put our energy into something bigger than ourselves and hold each other accountable to protect the children, protect the planet, protect the world's biological and cultural diversity. Yes, we can change the world together from here. Change will not come if we wait for some other person, for some other time. We, the people are the change we seek.