Child Care Volunteer
2 people are interested
Volunteer Child Care
Have a soft spot for the little ones? We need you to play with kids during REACH Community Development's skill building workshops. Our buildings host numerous activities, such as cooking classes, yoga workouts, green living education and more (see other listings for open positions). Child Care Volunteers empower single parents to attend these important activities knowing their kids are right next-door having fun with a caring adult.
The workshops will be on Thursdays from 5:30-8pm starting October 24 th - November 21 st (no class on October 31 st).
- Supervise children in playroom during workshop sessions. Each workshop will bring about 3-5 kids on average. All toys and books are provided
- Communicate with staff in the event of any emergency
- Maintain positive milieu by enforcing Playroom Expectations
- Promote positive social skills and good behavior
- Experience working with small children (babysitting, daycare work, etc.)
- Familiarity with best practices while working with children including positive reinforcement, non-violent communication, etc.
- Ability to supervise up to 5 children at one time
- Comfort asking for help
Teens (15+) allowed to participate with signed waiver and consent from parents or guardian
Volunteer must pass criminal background check.
About REACH Community Development
4150 SW Moody Avenue, Portland, OR 97239, US
A healthy community begins at home. REACH’s mission is to provide quality affordable housing and opportunities for individuals, families, and communities to thrive. Since 1982, REACH has pioneered affordable housing and supportive programs that address complex challenges facing communities.
Since 1982, REACH has pioneered affordable housing and supportive programs that address complex challenges facing communities. REACH has gained local, state and national acclaim for innovation and responsiveness to difficult urban issues. Our work began with revitalization efforts in the neighborhoods of inner Southeast Portland, where we bought and renovated single family homes. Twenty-seven years later, our portfolio includes new and renovated plexes, apartment buildings and mixed-use developments located across the city of Portland. Our volunteer-powered home repair program serves senior and disabled homeowners in neighborhoods all over the city.
0650 SW Lowell StreetPortland, OR 97239
- Child Care
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Time Commitment The workshops will be on Thursdays from 5:30-8pm starting October 24th – November 21st (no class on October 31st).