DONATE TO THIS
7 people are interested
Social Media Content Coordinator
ORGANIZATION: MINORITY VETERANS OF AMERICA
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
7 people are interested
Our growing Content Marketing team is looking for a hard-working Diversified Social Media Team Members (women, people of color, LGBTQ) to assist in the day-to-day operations for the Minority Veterans of America (MVA). Social media is a critical touchpoint for discovery and storytelling
In this role - through organization, creative collaboration and attention to detail - you will help raise the social profile of MVA. This position is open nationwide as most of the work is done digitally.
- Schedule and monitor social content across all social channels using your specific point of view: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, helping to manage and write cross-channel social editorial calendar
- Collaborate with teams within Marketing and across the organization to ensure social needs are being met.
- Conduct outreach to MVA members, Non-MVA members, and other veterans’ groups to further spread our message and facilitate stronger engagement.
- Engage in community management with fans and followers across platforms
- 1+ years in a social media, communications, or content marketing; editorial/lifestyle experience a plus
- Knowledge of the digital landscape and passion for social media
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Creative and strategic thinker who can identify opportunities for growth, and content solutions to help achieve goals
- Impeccable attention to detail, time management skills and strong work ethic
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while meeting strict deadlines
- Both a self-starter and team player with great energy and drive
- Ability to champion ideas and execute in an expedited time frame and to establish trust and maintain a collaborative spirit working cross-functionally in the organization
About MINORITY VETERANS OF AMERICA
PO Box 23054, SEATTLE, WA 98102, US
Minority Veterans of America (MVA) is a 501(c)(3) organization that is dedicated to create belonging and advance equity for underrepresented veterans. MVA will receive grants for four key purposes: The primary underrepresented groups that MVA serves are: veterans of color, womxn, LGBTQ, and religious and non-religious minorities. We believe that through bringing these four minority groups together, we can build a veteran community that encompasses veterans from a wide range of diverse backgrounds and experiences. By bringing together these specific communities of underrepresented veterans, we are able to hear the voices and stories and better understand the needs of those that we wish to serve. In properly advocating for the needs of our constituents, we have the opportunity to change the landscape of services for those who feel as though they have been forgotten in the veteran community.
MVA was founded in November of 2017 by two University of Washington Husky veterans, Lindsay Church and Katherine Pratt. Church and Pratt first began their work in 2014 through the Husky United Military Veterans where they built a Diversity Committee that celebrated the underrepresented groups within the student veteran community at the University of Washington.
Since 2014, Church and Pratt have collaborated to lead the student veteran population at the UW, Church through her role in the Student Veteran Life office, and Pratt as the President of the student veteran organization, Husky Veterans. Today, they partner to build and grow MVA in order to celebrate the identities that they both feel that they hold that make them underrepresented in the veteran community.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 28, 2023
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Social Media / Blogging
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Verbal / Written Communication
- 2 - 5 hours a week