2 people are interested
Do you want to make a difference for our planet and gain hands-on work experience at an international conservation NGO? Rainforest Partnership (RP) is a non-profit organization headquartered in Austin, Texas, with team members in the US, Peru, and Ecuador. RP conserves and restores tropical rainforests by working with communities to develop sustainable livelihoods that empower and respect both people and nature.
To support our projects in the Amazon rainforest and beyond, RP is currently looking for an Austin-based Program Coordinator for Fall 2019, Spring 2020, and Summer 2020. The expected time commitment is 10-20 hours for the Spring and the Fall, and 20-40 hours per week during the Summer. A volunteer can commit to either this whole time or just the Fall, the Spring or the Summer. The primary responsibility of the Project Coordinator is to work with the RP projects team to support our projects in Peru and Ecuador.
- Join recurring meetings with RP’s Project Team in Peru (via phone)
- Translate weekly activity reports from spanish to english
- Research fundable opportunities and draft proposals
- Translate grants and proposals from spanish to english
- Strong written and oral communications skills (Both English & Spanish)
- Able to distill information into concise and impactful statements.
- Adaptable and able to learn new concepts and processes quickly
- Comfortable with Google Docs, Excel and Google Sheets
If you are interested, please fill out our volunteer questionnaire and volunteer interest form at our website: https://rainforestpartnership.org/ways-to-help/ -> Volunteer
About Rainforest Partnership
800 W 34th St, Suite 105, Austin, TX 78705, US
Rainforest Partnership is an international nonprofit organization based in Austin, Texas. Our mission is to protect and regenerate tropical rainforests by working with the people of the forests to develop sustainable livelihoods that empower and respect both people and nature. We envision thriving tropical rainforests that support a healthy, vibrant planet.
Our central objectives are to:
- Protect tropical rainforests and mitigate local drivers of deforestation by making it more profitable for the rainforest communities to keep the forests standing;
- Improve local livelihoods by helping communities establish and manage economically and ecologically sustainable businesses that flourish long after our work with the community is over;
- Make community members key players in the protection and monitoring of the forests where they live;
- Achieve added beneficial objectives alongside the key goal of rainforest protection including biodiversity conservation and climate change mitigation and;
- Create enduring, replicable models in regions where we work and beyond.
We are currently working with communities in the Amazon rainforest region in Peru and Ecuador, developing businesses specific to each project area, including biodiversity potential; land management practices, socio-economic conditions; cultural diversity etc.
We believe the time we invest to establish trust with partner communities, identify appropriate businesses, and form strategic partnerships are the building blocks for our project success. Each of our projects become an important site for understanding the synergy between environmentally sustainable economic development and rainforest conservation.
We'll work with your schedule.
800 W 34th StreetSuite 105Austin, TX 78705
- Administrative Support
- Project Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- min 10 hours per week