Looking for People Connectors and Bridge Builders
DONATE TO THIS
16 people are interested
Aspect Foundation is looking for People Connectors and Bridge Builders nationwide
- Do you enjoy working with youth and teens?
- Do you enjoy networking and meeting new people?
- Do you enjoy traveling and learning about other cultures?
If your answers are: YES, YES, YES, join your local Aspect team as an International Coordinator and combine all three passions into one!
If you also have prior experience fundraising, doing community outreach, organizing local events and/or prior sales experience or if you or someone you know has hosted an exchange student before, even better! If not - that’s ok, too! We’ll provide you with all the training and information you need.
Location: Flexible work from your home
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Find, recruit and screen local volunteer host families
- Match local families with high school exchange students from 30 different countries
- Enroll students at their host families’ local public high school
- Supervise, mentor and support students and their families during their exchange experience (full school year or semester)
- Check in with students and host family by phone or in person on a monthly basis
- Hold three mandatory orientations with students and families (Welcome Orientation in September/October, Mid-Stay Orientation in January/February, End-of-Stay Orientation in May/June)
- Organize fun non-mandatory activities with students and host families (e.g. going bowling, potluck dinner party, movie night, pumpkin carving contest, meeting a local politician, visiting a local museum etc.) (students and families will be responsible to cover their share of expenses for participation)
- Age: 25 years and older
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Willingness to host an exchange student temporarily in the event of an emergency
- Participation in orientation and training via conference call
- Ability to commit a few hours per week prior to student arrival for community outreach, host family recruitment and program promotion (training and supplies provided, flexible set-your-own-hours schedule)
- Ability to commit a few hours per month per student after student arrival for student supervision and support (training, supplies and stipend to offset costs provided, flexible set-your-own-hours schedule in consultation with students and families)
Qualities and Qualifications:
- Passion for helping young people learn and grow
- Being comfortable reaching out and speaking with people in local communities (both people you know and those you don't know - yet!)
- Desire to share your culture and learn about others
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivation and patience
- Prior experience fundraising, doing community outreach, organizing local events and/or sales experience are a plus, but are not required
- You will make the world a smaller and better place by connecting people and building cultural bridges across the globe
- You will have a priceless impact on young people's lives
- You will have the opportunity to make lifelong friendships that extend far beyond your own community’s borders
- You will be part of a great team changing the world one family and one student at a time
- You will have the chance to see the world with your own eyes by joining one of Aspect's yearly incentive trips to different parts of the world
Curious to learn what a difference you can make in your community?
Head over to our blog at
to read more about the truly heart-warming bond and love our students and host families share. These students and families would have never met if an International Coordinator - someone like YOU - hadn’t first introduced them to each other.
Ready to help make these person-to-person miracles happen in your community, too?
Hit the "I Want to Help" button at the top and apply today! You can also apply directly by copy/pasting our website into your browser:
We are looking forward making you part of our team to advance Aspect Foundation’s mission to build international goodwill, cross-cultural understanding and a peaceful future through educational and cultural exchange.
About Aspect Foundation Student Exchange
Nationwide, www.aspectblog.org, San Francisco, CA 94133, US
Aspect Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to building international goodwill, cross-cultural understanding and a peaceful future through educational and cultural exchange.
People have always been at the heart of Aspect Foundation. We believe that cultural exchange at its core is a relationship between people, bringing us closer to the world and each other in personal, transformative ways. Since 1985, Aspect Foundation has been providing exchange experiences that offer unique global perspectives and encourage the confidence to make a difference in our interconnected world. We strive to help open the world of our students, host families and International Coordinators to new possibilities and give them the opportunity to make lasting connections and meaningfully experience new cultures, traditions, and points of view as our exchange students from around the globe become part of their American host families, high schools and communities across the United States.
We'll work with your schedule.
Your HomeYour Community, OR 12345
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- Prior to student arrival, a few hours per week for community outreach, host family recruitment and program promotion; after student arrival a few hours per month per student for student supervision, mentoring and support