Support the Mobile Farmers' Market Truck in Sunnyvale!
Fresh Approach is now seeking volunteers for the Mobile Farmers' Market routes! All volunteers will receive a free bag of local produce at the end of each shift.
When & Where:
(Thu. 11:30pm - 3:15pm)
Orchard Gardens Apartment: 245 W Weddell Drive, Sunnyvale, CA 94089
Fresh Approach’s mobile farmers’ market exists to increase access to healthy and local fruit and vegetables and to support local growers. The Mobile Farmers’ Market program operates in seven different cities and services twenty one different partner sites. Our partners include community centers, health clinics, governments, churches, and colleges.
Fresh Approach continues to operate the Mobile Farmers’ Market routes on a modified schedule during the shelter in place. Volunteers are essential in the work we do and are still needed during this time.
We’re doing the best that we can to provide affordable healthy food to our community members while accommodating social distancing at the truck. Volunteers will support the mobile farmers’ market route with setup and breakdown of the stop, enforcing social distancing guidelines, handling produce for customers, restocking produce, and more!
We are asking for healthy people, not displaying any symptoms of being sick, or living with anyone who is sick and/or experiencing health complications.
Tasks (Listed in order of importance)
- At the beginning of the route day, assist coordinator with set-up.
- Greet customers, let them know what we have available, and answer any questions. Create a warm and welcoming environment for all customers.
- Enforce social distancing guidelines
- Select produce for customers to minimize contact
- Assist coordinator with stocking, restocking, and maintaining merchandising display.
- If you see anything running low, please refill the basket from the extra stock inside truck. The displays should look overabundant with freshness.
- Assist with weighing and bagging items.
- At the end of the route day, assist coordinator with clean up. Help separate all produce that is spoiled or not in good enough shape to sell.
About Fresh Approach
5056 COMMERCIAL CIR STE C, CONCORD, CA 94520, US
Our mission is to create long-term change in local food systems, by connecting California communities with healthy food from California farmers and expanding knowledge about food and nutrition.
Our programs empower families to make sustainable lifestyle changes by expanding their nutrition, cooking, and gardening skills, and by boosting their access to local, affordable produce.
Local farms benefit, too, as our programs make it possible for small farms to sell in communities that would otherwise lack access to their products, while helping farmers diversify their sales through guaranteed weekly orders.
This grassroots community empowerment has a ripple effect that supports small family farms, promotes sustainability and responsible stewardship in agriculture, breaks down systemic barriers, and strengthens the local economy - all while growing community interest in healthy eating.
We believe that everyone should have equal access to healthy food, and that the health of our communities and the livelihood of our local farmers should go hand-in-hand.