Support the Mobile Farmers' Market Truck in Sunnyvale!
3 people are interested
Enjoy having access to fresh, California-grown fruits and veggies? Love to connect with your local community? Want to learn more about local and sustainable agriculture and help others to learn more about it too?
Fresh Approach is now seeking volunteers for Mobile Farmers' Market routes! All volunteers will receive a free bag of produce at the end of each shift.
Volunteers will support one or more Mobile Farmers' Market stops by providing customer service, restocking produce, conducting transactions, collecting surveys, posting on social media, and other support as needed. Volunteers will also help conduct outreach in the community surrounding the Mobile Farmers' Market stop. Preference is given to residents of the community surrounding the route, Spanish speakers, and those who have experience with federal benefits programs.
Sunnyvale Valley Health Center * 660 S Fair Oaks Ave, Sunnyvale12:30 PM - 1:30 PM
Sunnyvale Library * 665 W Olive Ave, Sunnyvale2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
De Anza College * 21250 Stevens Creek Blvd, Cupertino
Tasks (Listed in order of importance)
- Greet customers, let them know what we have available, and answer any questions. Create a warm and welcoming environment for all customers.
- Assist coordinator with stocking, restocking, and maintaining merchandising display.
- If you see anything running low, please refill the basket from the extra stock inside truck. The displays should look overabundant with freshness. Please regularly spray the produce with water. In the summer this should happen every 15 minutes.
- Collect emails of customers waiting in line.
- Assist with weighing and bagging items. This is a great time to either assist with surveys or to chat with the customer about the program.
- Administer qualitative and quantitative surveys with waiting customers. The coordinator on site will train you on the survey protocol.
- At the end of the route day, assist coordinator with clean up. Help separate all produce that is spoiled or not in good enough shape to sell.
For a full listing of Mobile Farmers' Market’s routes, visit https://www.freshapproach.org/mobilemarket/ .
The Mobile Farmers' Market is a program of Fresh Approach , a non-profit whose mission is to create long-term change in local food systems by connecting California communities with healthy food from California farmers and expanding knowledge about food and nutrition. Fresh Approach envisions healthy communities where all people have access to fresh, healthy food from California farmers. Learn more here: http://www.freshapproach.org/
About Pacific Coast Farmers' Market Association
5056 COMMERCIAL CIR STE A, CONCORD, CA 94520, US
Our mission is to establish and operate community-supported certified farmers' markets and other direct marketing outlets that provide: viable economic opportunities for California farmers and food producers, local access to farm fresh products, support for local businesses and community organizations, and education concerning food, nutrition and the sustainability of California agriculture.
The Pacific Coast Farmers’ Market Association believes that small farms are the heart and soul of California. The small farms of California provide us nourishment, employ our friends and neighbors, and are the foundation of our heritage. Every day, we help make sure that theses small family farms have a chance to survive, because they are too important to let disappear.
The Pacific Coast Farmers' Market Association is a not-for-profit organization, founded in 1988, that develops, operates and supports Certified Farmers' Markets in the San Francisco Bay Area. Since that time PCFMA's weekly markets have grown to over 70 certified farmers' markets in more than 35 Bay Area communities.
Recognizing the potential of farmers' markets to not only be vibrant economic outlets but also vibrant community centers, PCFMA also works to build and sustain a sense of community at each of its markets and to use the markets to educate the public about issues of nutrition and local agriculture.
PCFMA's community education efforts include a partnership with its sister organization Fresh Approachon the innovative Cookin' the Market program which brings live cooking demonstrations to farmers' markets and other community events, and other activities focused on assisting low-income parents and seniors to utilize their public benefits at farmers' markets, increasing their access to healthy foods.
660 S Fair Oaks AveSunnyvale, CA 94086
- Must be at least 16
- Looking for someone who can support weekly for at least a month!