12 people are interested
Support the Mobile Farmers' Market Truck in Redwood City!
ORGANIZATION: Fresh Approach
Please visit the new page to apply.
12 people are interested
Fresh Approach is now seeking volunteers for the Mobile Farmers' Market routes!
When & Where:
- Thursdays, Redwood City: 10 am - 11:45 am, Fair Oaks Health Center at 2710 Middlefield Rd, Redwood City
Fresh Approach’s mobile farmers’ market exists to increase access to healthy and local fruit and vegetables and to support local growers.
We are asking for healthy people, not displaying any symptoms of being sick, or living with anyone who is sick and/or experiencing health complications.
Tasks (Listed in order of importance)
- At the beginning of the route day, assist the coordinator with set-up.
- Greet customers, let them know what we have available and answer any questions. Create a warm and welcoming environment for all customers.
- Enforce social distancing guidelines
- Select produce for customers to minimize contact
- Assist coordinator with stocking, restocking, and maintaining merchandising display.
- If you see anything running low, please refill the basket from the extra stock inside the truck. The displays should look overabundant with freshness.
- Assist with weighing and bagging items.
- Must be able to lift heavy equipment in and out of a vehicle.
- At the end of the route day, assist the coordinator with clean up. Help separate all produce that is spoiled or not in good enough shape to sell.
About Fresh Approach
5056 COMMERCIAL CIR STE C, CONCORD, CA 94520, US
Our mission is to create long-term change in local food systems, by connecting California communities with healthy food from California farmers and expanding knowledge about food and nutrition.
Our programs empower families to make sustainable lifestyle changes by expanding their nutrition, cooking, and gardening skills, and by boosting their access to local, affordable produce.
Local farms benefit, too, as our programs make it possible for small farms to sell in communities that would otherwise lack access to their products, while helping farmers diversify their sales through guaranteed weekly orders.
This grassroots community empowerment has a ripple effect that supports small family farms, promotes sustainability and responsible stewardship in agriculture, breaks down systemic barriers, and strengthens the local economy - all while growing community interest in healthy eating.
We believe that everyone should have equal access to healthy food, and that the health of our communities and the livelihood of our local farmers should go hand-in-hand.
Fair Oaks Health Center at 2710 Middlefield Rd, ReSunnyvale, CA 94089
May 17, 2022
- Must be at least 16
- Signup here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/904044aaaa922a6fa7-mobile1