Volunteer with Veterans!
4 people are interested
Envoy wants to enlist your services to help Veterans near the end of life.
We are looking for Veterans of the Armed Services & others who want to honor & support our living heroes. All Volunteers are trained to meet specific end-of-life needs of Veterans to improve their quality of life.
Envoy Wants You To:
- Visit a terminally ill Veteran
- Listen to life stories, even recording or videotaping a Veteran’s reminiscences
- Telephone Veterans to ask how they are doing
- Attend or help plan activities celebrating Veteran holidays & events
Volunteers comprise a crucial component of the Envoy Hospice Team. They provide practical & emotional support to Patients & Families when they need it most, and are available to sit by a bedside & lend an ear.The Veteran’s Perspective
Many Veterans receiving hospice care appreciate contact with Volunteers who are also Veterans, even if they served in a different time or place. As members (or ex-members) of the military themselves, the Volunteers are intimately acquainted with the types of issues Veterans face-and they can often empathize in a way that even the hospice team or family members cannot.Invaluable Services
Envoy Veteran Volunteers:
- Listen to patients & their families. They are sensitive to fellow Veterans’ needs, and understand firsthand the services they rendered and the sacrifices they made.
- Help revive memories. Veteran volunteers are knowledgeable about the historical contexts of Veterans’ service, and can help Patients recapture their memories and pass them on to their families.
- Coordinate replacement medals. Veteran volunteers are familiar with the military channels through which replacement medals are acquired.
- Raise community awareness. Veteran volunteers can help nursing homes, assisted living and long term care facilities to plan events that recognize Veterans’ service on important holidays.
About Envoy Hospice - Fort Worth
1412 West Magnolia, Suite 100, Fort Worth, TX 76104, US
Envoy Hospice is a Local hospice founded by experienced nurses and healthcare professionals who have a long and intense love and passion for patients who find themselves needing hospice and palliative care. We believe that every person is their own distinct individual with their own needs and desires. Envoy expresses this thru the highest level of professionalism, availability and collaboration with patients, families, physicians and the hospice team members. Envoy’s dedication to compassion and quality is the driving force to assist people during this time.
Hospice Volunteer opportunities
We'll work with your schedule.
1412 West MagnoliaFort Worth, TX 76104
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 1 hour per week.
- Copy of Social Security Card or Passport & TB shot required (provided for free)