2 people are interested
CENV is seeking a dedicated volunteer to teach children in our after-school program STEM activities. This is a wonderful opportunity to encourage youth to challenge their minds and learn new skills!
This commitment will be approximately 10 hours per week; we can work with your schedule.
If you would like to inspire children by sharing your knowledge, please contact us today! We warmly welcome any questions that you might have. Thank you very much!
About Community Empowerment Northern Virginia
45698 Elmwood Ct. #140 (Unit B), Sterling, VA 20166, US
Community Empowerment Northern Virginia (CENV) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with this core belief: when one plants a S.E.E.D. by Strengthening, Educating, Empowering and Developing, strong communities will grow. To facilitate this movement, CENV offers one-to-one mentoring, tutoring, adult education workshops, leadership training, and much more. These services empower personal growth, support academic success and educate people toward developing self-sufficiency.
Today’s society is challenged by an increasingly difficult world. Family problems, substance abuse, economic pressure, and the lure of gangs and delinquency threaten our youth physically and emotionally. Community Empowerment Northern Virginia is dedicated to providing community-based services that support, guide and inspire people to build life skills required to become resilient, self-sufficient adults. Using adult and peer mentoring to provide positive role models and promote skill development, Community Empowerment Northern Virginia strives to help build self-acceptance, strengthen school performance, and enhance executive functioning.
By providing people with positive role models in the community, Community Empowerment seeks to achieve the following objectives:
- Provide people with a vital sense of belonging
- Give people a sense that the greater community also cares about them
- Move people forward on their way to conscious and self-sufficient adulthood
- Support people on their journey to discover their true potential
- Provide people with access to the resources necessary to achieve social and academic success
- Help more people graduate high school and move on to higher education that supports their dreams
- Create an array of services that complement the web of services already existing in our communities
- Educate and empower parents and families to be more involved in family and community growth
We'll work with your schedule.
22510 S Sterling Blvd Suite 201Sterling, VA 20164
- Teaching / Instruction
- Youth Services
- Child Development
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18