Support the Troops! Become a BWI USO volunteer.
3 people are interested
- Volunteers will assist military service members, military dependents, military reservists, National Guard, and military retirees using the USO Lounge at BWI airport.
- Volunteers are expected to become familiar with the USO’s information resources regarding USO services and events as well as services and facilities available.
- Volunteers provide helpful and courteous customer service to all Lounge guests and are always available to answer any inquiries from guests as needed. Volunteers will also manage video game and DVD check-outs from the Lounge.
- Volunteers are responsible for keeping the Lounge neat and orderly, brewing coffee as needed, and replenishing snacks and beverages.
- Volunteers are expected to observe security procedures when signing guests in, and to enforce all USO policies and procedures.
- Suggestions, recommendations and problems should be conveyed by volunteers to their supervisor.
- Volunteers are expected to arrive on time for their scheduled volunteer shift, and to contact a replacement in the event of illness or emergency. If a volunteer is unable to find a replacement, then their supervisor should be contacted.
- Volunteers will assist with special events on occasion
228 McNair Road, Bldg. 405, Fort Myer, VA 22211, US
The USO lifts the spirits of America's troops and their families.
Serving those who serve, and their families is more than a tagline for the USO of Metropolitan Washington. It is at the heart of what we do every day. Every program and service we provide is centered around our desire to give back to the men and women who sacrifice so much for our country. Whether it is bringing in a celebrity to brighten the day of a patient in the hospital or a moon bounce at Deployed Family Fun Day, our goal is to boost the morale of the military community.
We'll work with your schedule.
BWI Airport7050 Friendship Rd.Baltimore, MD 21090
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 shifts a month minimum. Each shift is between 3 and 5 hours dependent on the time of day.
- Must be able to pass a background check for the airport screening process. Application is at www.volunteers.uso.org