Socializing with Seniors! Simi Valley!
3 people are interested
Are you passionate about hospice? Do you want to make a difference by providing comfort, compassion, and care to patients and families? We would love to add you to the Assisted Angels Volunteer Team !
We take pride in being a home health and hospice agency operated by experienced professionals with extensive clinical, healthcare, and hospitality backgrounds. We enjoy working with volunteers who put the patient and their loved ones first by finding ways to service individual needs. Our "Hands to Help, Hearts to Care" philosophy allows us to empower volunteers to provide exceptional companionship and related services (Massage Therapy, Music Therapy, Administrative tasks, etc.)
Assisted Home Health and Hospice Foundation is always looking for committed and caring people to add to our team of volunteers. If you have an interest in patient care; if you have special talents (art, music, reiki, multi-lingual) that you would like to share; or interested in administrative/clerical volunteering, consider becoming a part of the Assisted Angels.
Assisted Angels are a dedicated volunteer team who strive to provide extra love and comfort to terminally ill patients and their families through unique and special opportunities. Our Assisted Angels are engage with patients by providing, but not limited to:
* Supportive Listening and Conversation
* Music Therapy
* Massage Therapy
* Applying Holistic Therapies Reading or Other Activities of Interest
* Support with Life Review (reminiscing, sharing stories, pictures, etc.)
* Assistance with Documenting One’s Life Story
* Support with Audio or Video Taping of Treasured Messages for One’s Family
* Letter Writing
* Assisting the Patient with Projects, Errands
* Caregiver Respite
* Administrative Duties
Volunteer Orientation *Required*- Hosted monthly, attend in-person or call-in! The next orientation will take place on Tuesday, October 29th, 2019 from 2:30pm-5:00pm at 72 Moody Ct. Ste 100, Thousand Oaks, CA, 91360.
All volunteers receive an initial orientation and training. Topics include:
* The History and Philosophy of Hospice
* The Process of Death and Dying
* An Overview of the Roles and Responsibilities of Each Member of the Hospice Team
* Methods of Offering Compassionate Care to the Terminally Ill Patient and Their Loved Ones
About Assisted Home Health & Hospice
72 Moody Court, Thousand Oaks, CA 91360, US
"Hands to Help, Hearts to Care."
At Assisted Home Hospice, our goal is to respond to the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of terminally ill patients and their families. Volunteers play a key role within the hospice team.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (805) 379-3656.
Visit our website at www.AssistedCares.com
We'll work with your schedule.
72 Moody Ct.Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
- Elder care
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training