Service Unit Treasurer - Solana Beach
Do you maintain healthy financial habits and encourage others to do the same?
Are you experienced in maintaining financial records?
Join Girl Scouts San Diego as a volunteer Service Unit Treasurer, serving as the point person in your service unit for financial guidance and overseeing financial record keeping in your region.
Girl Scouts San Diego does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, or age, and its volunteer positions are open to all qualified persons.
The schedule is flexible (based on your availability), requiring approximately 10-15 hours per month for one year (with the possibility of annual renewal).
- Strong communication skills needed to educate volunteers with a range of prior knowledge in following complex processes related to finance.
- Great organizational skills and a comfort in manipulating electronic spreadsheets.
- A positive disposition toward problem-solving.
- Oversee financial transactions at the troop and service unit level.
- Educate Girl Scout members in developing healthy financial practices and in maintaining financial records.
- Collaborate with the service unit team to review troop fund-raising project applications.
- Serve as adviser to troops regarding financial guidelines and proper use of funds, while collaborating with Girl Scout staff for clarification of details and/or conflicts that may arise.
- Maintain a Girl Scout membership and current background screening.
- Complete the Service Unit Treasurer training and maintain a positive working relationship with you Service Unit team and Girl Scout staff.
- Embrace and promote the Girl Scout Promise and Law as well as the policies, procedures, and guidelines of Girl Scouts USA and Girl Scouts San Diego.
- Affirm that the Girl Scout movement actively seeks members of every racial, ethnic, religious, and socioeconomic group.
About Girl Scouts San Diego
1231 Upas Street, San Diego, CA 92103, US
Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence, and character,who make the world a better place Girl Scouts is the world's preeminent organization dedicated solely to girls--all girls--where, in an accepting and nurturing environment, girls build character and skills for success in the real world. In partnership with committed adult volunteers, girls develop qualities that will serve them all their lives, like leadership, strong values, social conscience, and conviction about their own potential and self-worth. Girl Scouts San Diego provides activities and events for 31,000 girl and nearly 11,000 adult members, trains volunteers, and maintains seven camps and program facilities. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us at sdgirlscouts.org
Girl Scouts provides incredible opportunities for girls to develop qualities that will serve them all their lives. Girls not only develop leadership skills but cultivate lifelong friendships and earn meaningful awards. Through Girl Scout programs girls learn the importance of responsibility, goal setting, team work and the thrill of accomplishment in a unique, all-girl environment. Girls can do almost anything: land and water sports, camping, arts and crafts, prepare for college, international traveling and even represent other girls in the United Nations. Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place.
Girl Scouting is open to every girl TK-12th grade who accepts the Girl Scout Promise and Law and pays $25 in annual membership dues.
Through the Girl Scout Leadership Experience, girls grow and learn new skills in an environment where they feel safe and accepted. Volunteer training is avalible.
It's never too late to join the fun. A girl can become a Girl Scout at any time of the year and at any age level.* Girl Scout Daisy Transitional Kindergarten, Kindergarten and Grade 1 * Girl Scout Brownie Grades 2 and 3 * Girl Scout Junior Grades 4 and 5 * Girl Scout Cadette Grades 6 to 8 * Girl Scout Senior Grades 9 and 10 * Girl Scout Ambassador Grades 11 and 12
We'll work with your schedule.
Solana BeachSolana Beach, CA 92014
- Financial Planning
- Administrative Support
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 15 hours/month
- Girl Scouts membership is required once selected to volunteer