THE HUMANE LEAGUE
WHO WE ARE
The Humane League is an international nonprofit ending the abuse of animals raised for food. With a dedicated team of Changemakers, donors and organizers by our side, we hold corporations accountable-influencing the world’s biggest companies to create and implement animal welfare policies that abolish the worst forms of abuse and reduce the suffering of billions of animals. We also work to enact laws that ban the confinement and inhumane treatment of animals, and we empower people to leave animals off their plates in exchange for compassionate, plant-based food choices.
We invite you to take a stand for animals and let your voice be heard through simple, effective grassroots or online actions. You can make a difference by influencing the policies of the world’s biggest companies, demanding legislation, or empowering others to take action and leave animals off their plates.YOUR OPPORTUNITY
- Volunteers :
- "We're in need of volunteer leaders in these states to organize actions for animals."
- "Want to create change for animals and help build a community of animal activists? We need volunteers for..."
- Writing Letters to the Editors for local news outlets
- Taking online actions via social media, email, company contact forms, etc. (FAN)
- Making phone calls/sending emails to campaign targets
- Recruiting local volunteers
- Hosting/co-hosting regional and national events
- Captains :
- Identify, recruit, and lead individuals in your area to grow your community of Changemakers, with the support of your local Field Organizer
- Empower others to take on leadership roles within the community
- Organize activities and events monthly (or recruit a volunteer leader to do so) to support one of our key program areas, including: corporate campaigns, veg advocacy, and community outreach
- Collaborate with other leaders in your community and engage them in THL program areas
- Meet weekly, or every other week, with your THL Field Organizer
- Serve as a Changemaker Captain for at least six months; you may continue in this volunteer role after six months should it be mutually beneficial to both you and The Humane League (THL)"
- "The Humane League is looking for Changemaker Captains to lead their local communities to end the abuse of animals raised for food. Captains work closely with THL Field Organizers to take actions on our campaigns, veg advocacy work, and local community-building initiatives. THL Captains typically:
**Please apply directly to this link: https://thehumaneleague.org/volunteer-with-us**
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About THE HUMANE LEAGUE
PO BOX 10476, ROCKVILLE, MD 20849, US
We exist to end the abuse of animals raised for food by influencing the policies of the world’s biggest companies, demanding legislation, and empowering others to take action and leave animals off their plates.
The Humane League is an international nonprofit ending the abuse of animals raised for food. We work to reform the way farm animals are treated while also inspiring people to make more compassionate food choices. Our strategy includes hard-hitting corporate campaigns and wide-ranging outreach and education programs, supported by an extensive network of organizations, activists and supporters around the world. We bring a pragmatic, objective approach in evaluating and testing our methods to determine what creates the most impact. That’s the purpose of Humane League Labs, where we engage in direct testing to improve our vegan advocacy and education efforts. Animals don’t have to suffer. Get involved to create the change The Humane League is a 501(c)3 and Certified Best In America by the Independent Charities of America, a designation reserved for the top 5% of non-profits nationwide based on the ICA's rigorous standards of financial efficiency. For five consecutive rating periods, The Humane League has been rated as one of the top animal charities in the world by Animal Charity Evaluators.