Provide a Ride-Make a Senior's Day!
The JET Express program offers rides to older adults who no longer drive. Volunteers donate their time and energy and provide a sense of dignity and independence into the lives of these older adults. JET Express is more than just a ride it is about fueling the sense of connection, independence, and mobility that defines aging well.
Volunteer drivers utilize their personal vehicles to provide rides for older adults. This safe and reliable transportation enables older adults to attend medical appointments, shopping needs, visits to a spouse in a nursing home, taking a class, attending religious services and more! Volunteers are able to provide safe and reliable transportation ensuring that these adults remain active, healthy, and connected to their community.Want to hear the difference that you are making? Check out our JET Express video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7pknEFgpNw
- Provide at least 1 ride per month (or equivalent if travel)
- Accept rides that work best for you using a user-friendly online ride system
- Maintain a clean and upkept vehicle
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Possess your own vehicle
- Have valid insurance coverage for the vehicle used for driving clients
- Have a current driver’s license
- Attend a volunteer orientation and training
- Must be able to pass a background check and motor vehicle check
- Compassionate, friendly, caring, and patient with older adults
About Jewish Family Services of Greater Kansas City
425 E. 63rd St., Suite 103, Kansas City, MO 64110, US
Supporting and strengthening the Jewish and general communities by providing high-quality programs and services that address the needs of individuals and families dealing with crises and the everyday challenges of life.
Jewish Family Services is a social service agency that provides a wide variety of programs and services to the community including life crisis assistance, counseling, food pantry, older adult services, and more!
While our focus is primarily the Jewish community, we dedicate ourselves each day to provide peace of mind and a better life for everyone we serve, regardless of age, race, ethnicity, religious affiliation, or economic status. We welcome volunteers of all ethnicities and backgrounds as well.
We'll work with your schedule.
425 E. 63rd St.Kansas City, MO 64110
- Elder care
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible-pick the rides that work for your schedule! Take one or more rides a month (or equivalent if you travel).