Help@Home Computer Techs
3 people are interested
Many older adults want to live in the comfort of their own homes for as long as possible. Volunteering for Help@Home gives older adults the support they need to stay safe and comfortable. No matter your skill set, there is someone who would appreciate your efforts and your company!
Help@Home volunteer computer techs provide important services to older adults to allow them to stay in their homes and stay connected with loved ones, educational opportunities, etc. by providing basic computer support.
- Respond via email from Help@Home coordinator or select opportunities online
- Contact the client within 48 hours of accepting the request to coordinate a date and time for the visit
- Complete the project
- Complete the online job/mileage report for activity done each month
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Compassionate, friendly, caring, and patient with older adults
- Computer skills
- Be able to pass a background check
- Attend a volunteer orientation and training
About Jewish Family Services of Greater Kansas City
425 E. 63rd St., Suite 103, Kansas City, MO 64110, US
Supporting and strengthening the Jewish and general communities by providing high-quality programs and services that address the needs of individuals and families dealing with crises and the everyday challenges of life.
Jewish Family Services is a social service agency that provides a wide variety of programs and services to the community including life crisis assistance, counseling, food pantry, older adult services, and more!
While our focus is primarily the Jewish community, we dedicate ourselves each day to provide peace of mind and a better life for everyone we serve, regardless of age, race, ethnicity, religious affiliation, or economic status. We welcome volunteers of all ethnicities and backgrounds as well.
We'll work with your schedule.
425 E. 63rd St.Kansas City, MO 64110
- Elder care
- Home Repair
- Basic Computer Skills
- Macintosh Platform
- PC Platform
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible schedule based on the availability of volunteers. Volunteers may receive e-mail requests/or go online to see opportunities & schedule visit with client on an individual basis. The length of each visit varies based on the scope of the job.