Mentor GNO High School Students
1 person is interested
Young professionals sign on to a year long commitment as mentors to Heart of Passion's high schoolers participating in the organization's Leadership Development Program. The goal of the Leadership Development Program is to (1) teach the high school students business fundamentals and the importance of community engagement and (2) have the high school students exercise their new skills by planning and executing a New Orleans based retreat for teens with cancer.Heart of Passion recruits GNO young professionals to teach the Heart of Passion developed Leadership Development Program curriculum during monthly in-person meetings.
Mentor responsibilities include:
- Monthly video chats with Heart of Passion leadership to give update on New Orleans cohort and review the lesson for the upcoming Leadership Development Program meeting | Time commitment 1 hour/ month
- Attend and run monthly Leadership Development Program meetings that will include the scheduled lesson and activities to drive home key takeaways | Time commitment 1 hour/ month
- Ongoing virtual (text, GroupMe, email) communication with the high school participants to act as a sounding board throughout the program | Time commitment 4 hours/ month
- Total time commitment ~6 hours/ month
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About HEART OF PASSION INC
203 CHATTAN TRL, PEACHTREE CTY, GA 30269, US
3 Reasons Why We Exist: 1. To tear down walls that cancer builds emotionally and socially for teens 2. To add a spark of VIP treatment during key life phases 3. To pave the way for a future of socially minded, personally responsible community and business leaders
Heart of Passion seeks young professional volunteers in the Greater New Orleans area help run our Leadership Development Program for area high school students. the Leadership Development program teaches high schoolers business fundamentals and the importance of community engagement. The high school students use these lessons to plan and execute an all expenses paid New Orleans based summer retreat for teens with cancer.
We'll work with your schedule.
607 St. Charles AvenueNew Orleans, LA 70130
- Background Check
- Must be at least 22
- Approx 6 hours/ month. Commitment will ebb and flow weekly