15 people are interested
Board Member opportunity
ORGANIZATION: New Arts Foundation
Please visit the new page to apply.
15 people are interested
The New Arts Foundation is seeking members of the community who are interested in joining our board of directors.
Why be a Director?
- Creatively use expert skills
- Directly support a local arts organization
- Share with other professionals in the growth and assurance of the arts in the country
- Participate in bringing the arts, specifically dance to the Bay Area community
- Meet other members of the community interested in the arts who share a commitment to a common goal
- Add to your professional experience
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend all board and committee meetings and functions
- Attend Nancy Karp + Dancers' performances and special events
- Serve on committees, take on special assignments and coordinate events or areas of board responsibility
- Review agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings
- Manage resources effectively by assisting in the development of the annual budget and ensuring proper controls are in place
- Assist the board in carrying out its fiduciary responsibilities, such as reviewing the organization’s annual financial statements
- Ensure adequate resources are available for the organization to fulfill its mission
- Ensure effective organizational planning by actively participating with the staff’s overall planning process and assist in implementing the plan’s goals
- Suggest possible nominees to the board who can make significant contributions to the work of the board and the organization
- Remain informed about the organization’s mission, services, policies, and program
- Enhance the organization’s public image by clearly articulating the organization’s mission, accomplishments, and goals to the public, as well as gathering support from important members of the community
- Volunteer an average of 4-6 hours per month, including attending board meetings
- Make an annual financial contribution to the organization in accordance with financial means.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About New Arts Foundation
4250 Horton Street, Studio 6, Emeryville, CA 94608, US
The New Arts Foundation was founded to support the work of its Artistic Director Nancy Karp and her collaborators, and to maintain its technically brilliant dance company, Nancy Karp + Dancers.
Nancy Karp + Dancers is a modern dance company that performs annual home concert seasons in San Francisco, CA and tours nationally and internationally. Since its inception in 1981, numerous composers, visual artists and designers have collaborated with the dance company in more than 600 performances.
4250 Horton St. #6Emeryville, CA 94608
June 15, 2022
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Event Planning / Management
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Graphic Design / Print
- 4 hours a month and 7-8 hours a month during performance season