Front Desk Person for Main Office at Elementary School
1 person is interested
Our school is looking for a parent/grandparent/community volunteer for our front desk in the main office. Responsibilities include:
- Welcome visitors, determine nature of business, and announce guest to appropriate personnel
- Escort students to classrooms
- Answer incoming telephone calls, determining purpose of callers, and forward calls to appropriate staff
- Take and deliver messages or transfer calls
- Receive, sort, and distribute mail
- Chinese or Spanish Language proficiency is a plus, but not necessary
- A CORI form must be completed prior to volunteering at the school
Priority times available are 930-1030am, 1-3pm, and 330-430pm. Please let me know as soon as possible if you know someone that is interested. Orientation will be on a rolling basis.This position is unpaid, but could be a great item to put in a resume and something that is really needed at our school.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Josiah Quincy Elementary School
885 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02111, US
Our school mission is to provide a challenging academic program that gives all students the means to meet high standards and achieve their best, to foster sound habits of mind and action, and to instill in our students such virtues as integrity, respect, and self discipline.
At Josiah Quincy, our vision is to prepare the next generation to be contributing global citizens, and we are proud to be a candidate of the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme. We are currently on track to be the first elementary school in Boston to be certified as an International Baccalaureate School. Current programs at our school include Advanced Work Class, Early Intervention (K0/K1), General Education, Inclusion-General Education (Gr. K1-4), Inclusion- SEI Chinese (Gr. K2, 1, 3), Learning Disability, Physical Handicap, and SEI Chinese Language Specific.
We'll work with your schedule.
885 Washington StreetBoston, MA 02111
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Shifts available for M-F: 930-1030am, 330-430pm, and 1-3pm
- CORI form must be completed prior to volunteering. www.bitly.com/BPSCORI The volunteer must come to the school and have their ID photocopied as well as fill out the online BPS CORI form. It takes a few business days for it to clear.