Clinical Services Volunteer
6 people are interested
Assist staff in the operations of the Clinical Services Units.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Engage in developmental play with patients ages 2 weeks to 21 years.
- Supervise and engage patients in activities.
- Sanitize toys and equipment.
- Protect patients, staff, and volunteers by adherence to infection control policies.
- All other projects or duties assigned by the Volunteer Manager or Clinical Services staff
- Minimum of one ongoing weekly shift of two hours.
- 16 years old
- Previous experience with infants, toddlers, school agers, and adolescents.
- Have an acute sense of awareness for surroundings and patients.
- Feel comfortable asking questions, approaching patients and families independently.
- Be able to operate with minimal or little supervision at times.
- Be energetic, flexible, patient, take initiative, and have a willingness to do what is needed.
- Abide by all volunteer, patient interaction, confidentiality, HIPAA, health, safety, corporate compliance, and emergency procedures and policies as required.
Physical Demands include stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, grasping, pulling, pushing, standing, carrying, and lifting of light loads (up to 35 lb.).
About Ranken Jordan Pediatric Bridge Hospital
11365 Dorsett Road, Maryland Heights, MO 63043, US
For children from birth to age 21 with complex medical conditions ranging from injury or illness, Ranken Jordan bridges the gap between traditional hospital treatment and home.
At the center of every team is the family. Based on each child’s unique needs, we surround the family with physicians, physiatrists, therapists, nurse practitioners, social workers, dietitians and even a psychiatrist to build the bridge home.
No matter how challenged, a kid is still a kid. Our Care Beyond the Bedside model activates the healing power of children’s natural instinct to play, grow, learn and interact with others.
To continue care for their kids after they are discharged, families often need to learn the same specialized skills that rival those of trained medical professionals. In addition to offering world-class care, Ranken Jordan gives families the practical and emotional support they need to thrive.
Children’s success at home is the goal of our care from the first day. We offer help finding resources for everything from education to transportation. Our community and outpatient programs also provide ongoing care and support for over 750 families a year.
We'll work with your schedule.
11365 Dorsett RoadMaryland Heights, MO 63043
- Child Care
- Children Medical Services
- Child Development
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum two hours per week. Maximum four hours per week. Minimum 40 total service hours accrued within 3-5 months.
- Online application. Reference letter. Orientation (3 hrs.), departmental training (2 hrs.), and hospital wide training (2 hrs.).