Help bring millions of dollars back to our community by becoming a GoodTAXES volunteer!
Goodwill Industries of Northern Illinois
Goodwill's GoodTAXES program is looking for people to fill a variety of volunteer positions at our tax sites. The best part? No previous experience is needed! We provide all the training you will need to help us make a big impact on our community.
So what opportunities are available at a tax site?
- Want to help but not really a "numbers person"? No problem! We have customer service positions that are an integral part of our program. Our customer service specialists welcome clients to our tax sites, review client paperwork, and keep our sites running smoothly. Only one three hour block of training is required for this position, so it's an easy way to get involved with the program
- Are you fluent in more than one language? Put your skills to work as an Interpreter at our tax sites! Along with being a customer service specialist or tax preparer, you would also serve as an interpreter between our clients and tax preparers. You must be fluent in English as well as a second language. Our biggest needs are Spanish and American Sign Language
- Are you wanting to learn how to prepare a tax return? Awesome! We provide free tax law and software training to get you ready for the season
To learn more about these positions, please go to www.goodwillni.org/good-taxes and click the volunteer link to learn more about our program!
So what's in it for you?
- You will get to see an immediate impact on families in our community!
- We often have food, gift cards, and other giveaways thanks to generous donations from community businesses
- It's a great way to meet new people in your community!
- It can be a great way to gain experience for those that are looking to enter or re-enter the workforce
- We have day, evening, and weekend volunteer shifts available that can fit anyone’s schedule!
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Goodwill Industries of Northern Illinois
850 N Church St, Rockford, IL 61103, US
Goodwill Industries of Northern Illinois is a community-based not-for-profit organization whose mission is to create opportunities for individuals with barriers to enhance their lives.
For many, were a great retail shopping experience offering amazing value. For others, we're a convenient place to donate used clothing and household goods.
We're a retailer and a recycler that puts all of our sales revenue back into the communities we serve. Through your donations, we're creating jobs and enhancing the lives of people with disabilities. We're providing vital skills and training to those who need it most.
We're Goodwill Industries of Northern Illinois - a 100% non-profit organization doing good work throughout an 18-county area in Northern Illinois and Southern Wisconsin. Rockford, IL serves as our headquarters, and we're one of 165 Goodwill agencies under the auspices of Goodwill Industries International (GII). Goodwill was recently named by Forbes Magazine as one of the top 10 largest charities in the country as well as one of America's 20 most inspiring companies. In addition, Goodwill Industries of Northern Illinois was named Organization of the Year by Illinois Special Olympics in June 2013.