Alzheimer's Association Community Educators are volunteer public speakers who help raise awareness, provide education and expand the reach of Alzheimer's Association programs in the community. AACEs deliver Alzheimer’s Association Core Curriculum using prepared training materials on topics related to Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias as well as information for individuals and families impacted by the disease.
- Communicate effectively and deliver Core Curriculum (Common Programs) presentations and information to the community.
- Adhere to Alzheimer's Association’s established curricula and position statements.
- Work with Alzheimer’s Association staff partners to identify and coordinate education programs that reach target audiences. Coordination includes securing program partner, scheduling, preparing presentations, and managing needed materials.
- Serve as presenter for chapter-scheduled education programs and conferences.
- Connect members of the community with additional Association services by proactively making referrals to Alzheimer's Association programs & free 24/7 Helpline.
- Complete necessary paperwork for reporting.
About Alzheimer's Association Cleveland Area Chapter
Central Office, 23215 Commerce Park, Beachwood, OH 44122, US
To eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health. Our vision is a world without Alzheimer's disease.
The Alzheimer’s Association Cleveland Area Chapter provides free support and resources to individuals living with memory loss, and their caregivers. Our service area covers five counties including Ashtabula, Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain. We are raise funds to provide these services and to advance global research on dementia. The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research. The disease currently affects more than five million American adults and is the 6th leading cause of death in the country. It is the only cause of death among the top 10 in the US that cannot be prevented, cured or even slowed down.
We'll work with your schedule.
Cuyahoga CountyCleveland, OH 44122
- Teaching / Instruction
- Elder care
- Adult Education
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
- Approximately 6 hours a month: presenting 2 - 1 hour programs plus travel to program location, set-up and break down and travel to pick up and return materials
- Must be able to pick up and drop off supplies from one of 3 Alzheimer's Association offices before and after presenting a program