3 people are interested
LifeWay Network is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that joins the global movement against human trafficking by providing safe housing for women who have been trafficked, and offering education about trafficking to the general public. LifeWay Network (LWN) envisions a world in which human trafficking is abolished and every survivor is strong, connected and free. LWN is one of only two organizations in the New York Metro area specifically providing safe housing for women survivors of human trafficking, and the only organization providing safe housing to survivors of both labor and sex trafficking who are either foreign-born or domestic. What sets LWN’s Safe Housing Program apart is its community living model. It offers a safe home by welcoming each woman into a supportive, caring community of permanent residents. This host community helps her recover from her trauma, regain her sense of self-worth, and enables her to move from isolation towards reclaiming her independence.
The Administrative Volunteer leads daily office operations 2-3 days per week, 4-5 hours per day. This role supports functions for the development, IT, programs, and administration areas of the organization. The Administrative Volunteer is the office point of contact, and responsible for providing a professional, welcoming experience through all means of communication.
- Manage the day to day office operations and external communication: answer phones / general emails and redirect to appropriate staff person, manage office calendar/scheduling, order supplies/equipment, assist with technology and equipment support, process mail in and out of office, address Post Office and bank needs, copying, printing, meeting preparation, document retention/shredding
- Manage the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions and data entry in QuickBooks.
- Assist in preparing deposits and accounts payables.
- Manage development efforts including mailings and donor record maintenance.
- Maintain hard copy filing system and electronic filing system in Google Team Drive for finance and administration, programs as needed.
- Create, modify, and proofread documents as needed within Google Suite.
- Support staff in assigned project based work and special events as needed.
- Heart, humor and a commitment to the LifeWay Network mission.
- Prior experience in nonprofit administration or operations preferred.
- Strong computer skills, and proficiency with web-based applications, QuickBooks, and Google Suite.
- Thorough understanding of confidentiality and privacy procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and listening skills.
- Strong organizational skills, initiative, and ability to prioritize effectively.
About LIFEWAY NETWORK INC
PO Box 754215, Forest Hills, NY 11375, US
LifeWay Network joins the global movement against human trafficking by providing safe housing for women who have been trafficked and offering education about trafficking to the general public.
LifeWay Network provides safe housing for women survivors of human trafficking, providing a caring and supportive community to help them recover from their trauma. LifeWay Network seeks to raise awareness and engage others around the issue of human trafficking.
We'll work with your schedule.
PO Box 754215Forest Hills, NY 11375
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 days per week. 4-5 hours per day