Reading Tutor for Whittier Elementary
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
4 people are interested
Tutors will help students to better their reading skills and help them to read at grade level by the end of the year.
Ideally, you would come volunteer twice a week every Tuesday and Thursday for 30 mins. Starting at 10:55 am-11:25 am.
This is a great opportunity to help kids grow in their reading!
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Whittier School
3585 6000 West, West Valley City, UT 84128, US
Would you like to be that one caring adult that makes all the difference for a child? Do you have one hour a week that you could contribute to a child’s success? If so, we’d love to have you become an AmeriCorps tutor in the AmeriCorps tutoring program at Whittier Elementary!
There are many children in our school who struggle with reading. Children who receive one on one tutoring not only progress quickly in their reading skills but also show an overall improvement in their academic confidence and develop more excitement about school and learning in general.
- A desire to make a difference for children
- A positive attitude towards reading and school in general
- Ability to commit to tutoring a child twice a week for 30 minutes each time for at least 10 weeks (ideally for the full 30 weeks of our tutoring program)
- Willingness to attend a 1-hour training that will teach the tutoring methods we use
- Commitment to following our tutoring program methods and systems
We'll work with your schedule.
3585 S 6000 WWest Valley, UT 84128
- Literacy / Reading
- Child Development
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Every Tuesday & Thursday at 10:55-11:25 am.