Engagement Coordinator (Austin/Remote)
Do you want to make a difference for our planet and get hands-on work experience at an
international conservation NGO? Rainforest Partnership (RP) is a non-profit based in Austin,
Texas, with team members in the US, Peru, and Ecuador. We conserve and restore tropical
rainforests by working with communities to develop sustainable livelihoods that empower and
respect both people and nature.
RP is currently looking for an Engagement Coordinator for 3-6 months to support our external
communications and supporter engagement. The Engagement Coordinator will work with the Director of Engagement to continually connect our supporters with the impact they are making and coordinate engagement with all our partners.
The ideal candidate will share in Rainforest Partnership’s core values, which include:
- Entrepreneurial: resourceful, innovative, and action oriented
- Efficient: organized and process/procedure driven
- Empathetic: respect and understanding toward other’s perspectives
- Authentic: genuine and self-aware
- Positive: focused on moving us toward desired results
- Drafting/Scheduling email, social media, telephone, and website communications
- Creating Email/Phone Scripts for outreach
- Analyzing data on supporters to draw insight for engagement strategy
- Tracking and maintaining relationships with our donors and partners
- Supporting processes for donation tracking
- Coordinating RP’s involvement in partner events such as fundraisers or info sessions
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Able to compose compelling narratives and stories under time constraint (i.e. distilling text into concise + impactful statements.)
- Adaptable and able to learn new concepts and processes quickly
- Previous Development, Account Management, Data, or Communications experience is a plus
- Comfortable with Excel and Google Sheets
If you are interested, please fill out our volunteer questionnaire and volunteer interest form at our website: https://rainforestpartnership.org/ways-to-help/ -> Volunteer
About Rainforest Partnership
800 W 34th St, Suite 105, Austin, TX 78705, US
Rainforest Partnership is an international nonprofit organization based in Austin, Texas. Our mission is to protect and regenerate tropical rainforests by working with the people of the forests to develop sustainable livelihoods that empower and respect both people and nature. We envision thriving tropical rainforests that support a healthy, vibrant planet.
Our central objectives are to:
- Protect tropical rainforests and mitigate local drivers of deforestation by making it more profitable for the rainforest communities to keep the forests standing;
- Improve local livelihoods by helping communities establish and manage economically and ecologically sustainable businesses that flourish long after our work with the community is over;
- Make community members key players in the protection and monitoring of the forests where they live;
- Achieve added beneficial objectives alongside the key goal of rainforest protection including biodiversity conservation and climate change mitigation and;
- Create enduring, replicable models in regions where we work and beyond.
We are currently working with communities in the Amazon rainforest region in Peru and Ecuador, developing businesses specific to each project area, including biodiversity potential; land management practices, socio-economic conditions; cultural diversity etc.
We believe the time we invest to establish trust with partner communities, identify appropriate businesses, and form strategic partnerships are the building blocks for our project success. Each of our projects become an important site for understanding the synergy between environmentally sustainable economic development and rainforest conservation.
We'll work with your schedule.
800 W 34th St.Suite 105Austin, TX 78705
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- 10-15 hours per week