Volunteer to Drive Seniors and Adults with Disabilities!
ITNGateway provides dignified, door-to-door transportation for seniors over 60 and those with visual impairments 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Volunteers enjoy a flexible schedule and drive ITN customers wherever they want to go. Some frequent destinations include medical appointments, shopping, and to visit family and friends.
Provide one afternoon a week or a few hours during the month. You'll receive training, and ITN will arrange your driving assignments and routes around your schedule. You can even pick up a rider on your way to work and do a good deed before the day's begun!
All of us have a stake in helping to ensure that older adults and the visually impaired can remain active once they stop driving. Volunteers help older people stay connected to families, friends, and activities that bring meaning to their lives--and to yours!
Thank you from the ITNGateway Staff!You help make driving safer for everyone.
- You will receive training and can build your resume.
- You provide a positive alternative to a huge national problem by ensuring that seniors have a great choice without burdening family or friends.
- You help seniors stay independent and healthy by taking them to visit friends, to the gym or to a doctor's appointment.
- You get mileage reimbursement for occupied miles and transportation credits for unoccupied miles. Save these credits for your own future use, transfer them to a loved one or donate them to the Road Scholarship Program for low-income riders.
17 Point West Blvd, Suite A, Saint Charles, MO 63301, US
To provide a community-based, community-supported, economically viable and consumer-oriented, quality transportation service for seniors, adults with visual impairment. and adults with disabilities 21 and older.
The Independent Transportation Network is more than a "good cause," it's a necessary one; it's an important one. We do substantially more than provide rides for older people, visually impaired and adults with disabilities. We're helping to solve a huge social need. Seniors now have an alternative to driving that preserves their independence even as it ensures our roads are safe and our communities are healthy. Visually impaired and adults with disabailities now have the option to engage and work in the community.
Our service helps
- families and friendships endure;
- adult children minimize their absenteeism from work;
- businesses remain profitable;
- adults with disabilities and the visually impaired can more fully participate in daily work and activities
- and seniors begin a new chapter in their lives that no longer includes loneliness, dependence, burden or immobility.
Transportation is a complex problem that touches every family in America. In fact, it touches every family in every industrial country in the world. We must think of senior transportation as a lifelong need for which we must plan, just as we plan for retirement or long-term care needs.
We'll work with your schedule.
17 Point West Blvd.Suite ASt Charles, MO 63301
- Elder care
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- As little or as much as you like! It's up to you. Our scheduling is flexible.