Become an Alzheimer's Association Advocate!
8 people are interested
Make your voice heard!
Alzheimer’s is the second leading cause of death in California, and is the only cause of death among
the top 10 in America that cannot be prevented, cured, or even slowed. There are no survivors. The time
to act is now.
As an advocate, you will work directly with your elected officials to make sure Alzheimer’s and dementia are on the top of their agenda. Advocates will build relationships with their Members of Congress and State
legislators to educate them on the compelling reasons to make take action to prevent and prepare for the national Alzheimer's crisis now.
Advocates have the opportunity to do any or all of the following:
- Meet and interact with their Member of Congress and their staff
- Attend our annual State Advocacy Day in Sacramento (February 5)
- Attend our annual National Advocacy Forum in Washington, D.C. (March 22-24)
- Write letters to the editor
- Build awareness through social media
- Work with a team of other volunteers in your area who are also passionate about ending Alzheimer's
- Use your personal experience as a powerful force for positive change!
We will provide all the training and support you need, even if you have never written or spoken to a legislator before. The only requirement is that you have direct personal experience with, and are passionate about, Alzheimer's or other form of dementia.
The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voice for Alzheimer's and dementia advocacy, fighting for critical
research, prevention and care initiatives at the state and federal level. We are driving policymakers to take historic steps to address the Alzheimer’s crisis - click here to volunteer with us and be part of the solution!
To volunteer, please go to www.alzimpact.org/volunteer and fill out our short online volunteer application, and we will respond within 48 hours.
Please contact Jessica Rothhaar, Senior Public Policy Manager, at email@example.com with any questions.
About Alzheimer's Association, Northern CA and Northern NV
2290 N. First Street, Suite 101, San Jose, CA 95131, US
The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care, support and research. Our mission: To eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health. Our vision, A world without Alzheimer's disease.
We provide programs and support services for patients, families, caregivers, and others in the San Francisco Bay Area affected by Alzheimer's disease and related disorders. Outside the federal government, the Alzheimer's Association is the largest research funder in the country and offers advocacy opportunities to make public policy change.
We'll work with your schedule.
Japantown NeighborhoodSan Jose, CA 95112
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Orientation or Training
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential, as you will be representing the Alzheimer's Association to Members of Congress and state legislators.