23 people are interested
Director of Volunteer Services
ORGANIZATION: The National LGBTQ Society
Please visit the new page to apply.
23 people are interested
If you're looking for an amazing volunteer opportunity, then you should try volunteering at a non-profit. At The National LGBTQ Society (NATLGBTQ), we grant you the ability to further your interests and skillsets, and lead and excel in your chosen position. This is a volunteer opportunity, however, it will give you valuable work and volunteer experience while helping to further our efforts of helping the LGBTQ community.
Organization Mission: The mission of the National LGBTQ Society is to create a safe environment and safe space for members of the LGBTQ+ Community and our allies through it's purpose of providing meaningful support, resourceful resources, and educational courses.
This position is a Director Level Role within our organization, this position does or will have supervisory responsibilities. This position reports to the Executive Vice President of Operations.
- Oversees a growing team of Volunteer
- Responsible for overseeing our volunteer coordinators
- Responsible for recruiting, and managing volunteer coordinators and completing on-boarding of volunteer coordinators
- Provide support and resources to volunteer coordinator(s)
- Promotes our organization, and our mission.
- Ensuring that volunteer coordinators are fully on-boarding volunteers and inputting their records in our online database, and creating online accounts in our platforms.
- Responsible to attend organizational events
- Responsible for mentoring and coaching volunteer coordinators
- Other Responsibilities as deemed necessary by Executive Director and/or Designee
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of all identities, and issues related to the 2SLGBTQIA+ community.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and organized
- A strong work ethic, ability to take the initiative, and self-starter.
- Confidence in performance and working alone, and collaborative in nature.
- Eagerness to work and thrive in a high-energy, startup environment, and adjust priorities as needed.
- Must be available to volunteer up to 2 to 3 hours a week.
About The National LGBTQ Society
877 Saint Paul Ave, Apt 6, Saint Paul, MN 55116, US
Our mission is to create a safe space and safe environment for members of the LGBTQ Community and its Allies by providing valuable resources, support, educational courses.
We are also on a mission to combat homelessness and hunger within the LGBTQ community, we are looking at establishing community centers across the country and our goal is to create a safe space and a homeless shelter and food pantry in every state.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
March 30, 2022
- Executive Admin
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Customer Service
- Office Management
- Administrative Support
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training