AVAFest2019 Veteran Health & Wellness Conference
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
AVAFEST will host a health & wellness conference with keynote speaker Roman Baca, co-founder of Exit12 Dance Company, which advances the notion art heals, and is dedicated to serving those who have been touched by conflict by expressing their stories. Additional speakers will include Ron Capps, who is part of the Veteran Writers Project and O Dark Thirty, Chef Andre Rush, and Slina Loriaux, MPS, LPC-I, Creative Arts Therapist and several other noted Art theorists. Alternative forms of healing will also be demonstrated and discussed. Veterans will be exposed to several forms of the arts.
1) Set up may include that of tables, and chairs for volunteers and vendors and various lecture areas
2) Assisting with vendor arrival and check in
3) Assist with directing attendees to various activity areas and vendor stations
4) Assist with clean up and tear down of tables, and chairs for volunteers and vendors
Sat Nov 02, 2019
07:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Lunch will be available for volunteers
- Sat Nov 02, 2019 - afternoon / 12:00 PM to 04:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE DAYS WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About VETERANS SUICIDE PREVENTION CHANNEL
1994 DRESDEN CV, ROUND ROCK, TX 78665, US
Created to improve the lives of America’s veterans and their family members by producing and broadcasting shows that contain healing subject matters and information that educates and entertains as well as provides resource information that will benefit America’s families throughout America's veteran communities.
THE AUSTIN VETERANS ART FESTIVAL
Our feature project is the Austin Veterans Art Festival (AVAFEST) to be held in Austin Texas October 18, 2019 through November 17, 2019. The AVAFEST is being crafted to become a national festival that promotes the healing aspects of art in its many forms to veterans and their family members.
WHAT IS THE VETERANS SUICIDE PREVENTION CHANNEL?
The Veterans Suicide Prevention Channel is a 24-hour wellness channel for veterans, their family members and the American community. our shows are both entertaining and informative. To introduce alternatives to taking medications for symptoms of PTSD, depression, anxiety, physical disorders. Moral Injury and illness.
Special Events Center -Austin Central Library710 W. Cesar ChavezAustin, TX 78701
- People Skills
- Veteran Care
- Must be at least 18
- Volunteers are asked to commit to a 4-hour shift. There will be opportunities for breaks to include lunch (morning shift). The volunteer staging area will be in the "green room".