Spay/Neuter Surgery Assistant
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
The Eaton County Humane Society is looking for volunteers who would be interested in assisting us with spay/neuter surgeries one or two days a week. Duties include table side assistant with veterinarian, preparing cats (and some dogs) for surgery, post-op care and sterilization duties. We will train you!
ECHS has s/n nearly 2,000 cats and we want to do more. We need your help!
About Eaton County Humane Society
PO Box 265, Charlotte, MI 48813, US
Eaton County Humane Society is guided by a humane ethic to build a community that universally values animals, understands their needs, and takes action to meet them. Eaton County Humane Society will be a regional leader in working toward: Elimination of animal overpopulation and the euthanasia of adoptable animals. Providing quality temporary care to homeless animals then placing them in permanent loving homes. Educating the community on humane treatment and responsible guardianship of companion animals.
ECHS’s five main programs and objectives are:
- Adoption: ECHS will help homeless domesticated animals find permanent, loving homes by increasing visibility of animals available for adoption.
- Sterilization: ECHS will insure all adoptable animals are sterilized prior to adoption or adopted with a sterilization agreement if less than 4 months old. In addition, we will work to educate the public on the importance and benefits of spaying/neutering and, as able, offering low-cost spay/neuter opportunities to low income Eaton County pet owners.
- Humane Education: ECHS will involve and educate the younger generation of Eaton County in animal welfare issues and developing volunteer opportunities for the younger people.
- Brand Marketing: ECHS will work to increase membership, both in numbers and importance by aggressively promoting the organization.
- Community Awareness: ECHS will bring the pet community of Eaton County together by operating a web site covering who we are and what we do and developing strong relationships with veterinarians and other pet service businesses within Eaton County.
We'll work with your schedule.
129 N. Main StreetOlivet, MI 49076
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 or 2 days a week.