Seniors in Service AmeriCorps -Serving Veterans
AmeriCorps Members will serve for 10 months thru Seniors in Service in partnership with the Bay Pines Veterans Healthcare System Hospital. They will be placed to support the Whole Health Program to assist Veterans and their family members to increase their health knowledge in needed services, increase their access to medical care and engage them in voluntarism.
- If selected, members are required to pass few background checks, complete enrollment process and attend 3 days New Member Pre-Orientation.
- Must be available to serve at least 25-30 hours per week and complete 900 hours by the end of July 2020, attend required training, meetings and group service projects.
- Flexible schedules 4-8 hours shifts and weekend and evening occasionally. Get a lunch voucher after 4 hrs of service daily.
- Members will received a monthly living allowance of $360.16, eligible to receive an educational award of $3,047. 50 upon completion of 900 hours of service, gain valuable skills, and have service learning experience.
Interviews will be done during the week of October 7-15, 2019. Spaces are limited!
About Seniors in Service of Tampa Bay, Inc.
1306 West Sligh Ave., Tampa, FL 33604, US
Seniors in Service of Tampa Bay, Inc. recruits, trains and places volunteers to help children succeed and elders remain independent.
Seniors in Service of Tampa Bay, Inc. manages volunteers to meet the challenges of the community with services that offer mentoring, tutoring and companionship through customized training, support and recognition of our volunteers.
Programs Offered Through Seniors in Service:
Foster Grandparent Program (FGP)
The Foster Grandparent Program recruits senior volunteers (55+) to go into schools and after-school programs to mentor at-risk and special needs children and provide them with one-on-one, individualized attention
Senior Companion Program (SCP)
The Senior Companion Program recruits senior volunteers (55+) to go into the homes of homebound, elderly clients and provide them with companionship and assistance.
Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)
The RSVP Program recruits senior volunteers(55+) to participate more fully in the life of the community through volunteer service. The program matches the considerable wealth of knowledge, skills, and experience of this vital and rapidly growing age group with the addressing of critical needs and unresolved issues in our community.
Provides companionship and daily chores to frail or disabled veterans, enabling them to live independently.
Bill Payer Program
Bonded, experienced volunteer assists those with challenges in holding a pen, not seeing well or anyone needing assistance in our community with writing bill payments.
Spic & Span for Seniors
Helps fragile elderly or disabled persons maintain a tidy, healthy home. Volunteer groups from local colleges, civic organizations, and corporate businesses roll up their sleeves to help elders remain independent by performing chores in their homes.
Seniors in Service values diversity. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, ages, gender and/or those with disabilities are encouraged to engage with our organization.
10000 Bay Pines Blvd, Bay Pines, FL 33744Bay Pines, FL 33744
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Patient Care
- Life Coaching
- Veteran Care
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Be available and committed to complete 900 hours by July 2020 and serve 25-30 hours per week
- Great opportunity for individuals who have experience working with Veterans, believe in holistic care, love educating people about taking charge of their own health and have a career path in Public Health, Wellness and Social Work.