Workshop Committee Chair
ORGANIZATION: SCORE Northeast New Jersey
Please visit the new page to apply.
SCORE NENJ provides business mentoring services and ongoing educational workshops to local entrepreneurs and business owners in Bergand and Passaic Counties and is searching for a Chair to head our workshop committee.
The Workshop Committee continuously reviews and reports to the chapter on the feasibility of offering workshops and similar events on subjects that would be helpful to the business community. The Workshop Committee also:
- Plans for workshops or similar events.
- Works with the chapter Marketing Committee to arrange necessary and appropriate publicity for events.
- Works with chapter volunteers, SBA officials and other community resources to develop and present workshops.
- Conducts workshops and similar events.
- Determines appropriate fees, identifies and schedules materials and handouts.
- Ensures that volunteers are available at workshops for clients seeking assistance.
- Assures workshop information, with the attendee list, is captured and reported in the SCORE workshop reporting system.
- Ensures that feedback forms are prepared and made available to all attendees.
About SCORE Northeast New Jersey
1 Bergen County Plaza, Room 5B, Hackensack, NJ 07601, US
SCORE, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is dedicated to helping small businesses get off the ground, grow and achieve their goals through education and mentoring. Our mission is to foster vibrant small business communities through mentoring and education.
SCORE, America's premier source of free and confidential small business advice for entrepreneurs and small businesses, is a nonprofit resource partner with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). We have over 300 SCORE offices across the country and 10,000 volunteers offering free business mentoring and low- or no-cost workshops.
For over 50 years, SCORE's thousands of working and retired business professionals have volunteered to support the success of small business nationwide. SCORE business mentoring is free and confidential.
- Free, confidential business mentoring in person, via email or by video
- Volunteer mentors who share their expertise across industries
- Free business tools, templates and tips online
- Inexpensive or free business workshops (locally) and webinars (online 24/7)
1 Bergen County PlazaRoom 5BHackensack, NJ 07601
April 12, 2022
- Business Development
- Group Facilitation
- Adult Education
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10 hours per week.
- Complete your volunteer application at www.score.org/volunteer-registration.