Remote Disaster Dispatch Volunteer
American Red Cross - Chicago and Northern Illinois
Ensures timely activation and monitoring of local and regional DAT responses. This role supports our Disaster Action Team Members to effectively respond to disasters in our region's communities.
This position can be done remotely once training's have been completed. Training schedules are flexible.
- Dispatch appropriate response team to the needed disaster site.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to mission of the American Red Cross.
- Ability to remotely monitor and track details of DAT responses
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in complex and stressful situations.
- Sit and/or stand for minimum two hour periods
- Work for long periods on computer
- Speak clearly on the phone and in person
About American Red Cross - Chicago and Northern Illinois
Chicago & Northern Illinois, Rockford, Joliet and Chicagoland areas, Chicago, IL 60612, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.