Advisory Board Member
5 people are interested
Member of Board of Trustees for the Anxiety & Depression Initiative, Inc. ("the ADI"), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that is dedicated to promoting and supporting the use of an active and healthy lifestyle as a means to reduce the symptoms of anxiety and depression in our community.
The ADI seeks to promote the benefits of an active and healthy lifestyle while living with anxiety, depression and related disorders, to provide general information about mental health resources and to overall help lessen the stigmas associated with anxiety, depression and related disorders.
For more information, please go to the ADI’s website at: www.TheADI.org
The Advisory Board will support the work of the ADI and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance.
Specific Advisory Board Member responsibilities include:
- Attentively and enthusiastically participate in the activities of both the Advisory & Governance Boards.
- Assisting in the development of the ADI’s strategic plan.
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by the ADI for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics; reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings.
- Approving the ADI’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities.
- Assisting the Board in identifying and recruiting other board members.
- Ensuring the ADI’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities that the ADI serves.
- Partnering with the other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out.
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments.
- Representing the ADI to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization and its mission.
- Attending special events related to the mission of the the ADI.
The ADI Advisory Board Members will consider the ADI a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority. So that the ADI can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, businesses and individuals, the ADI expects all Board members to make an annual contribution that is commensurate with their capacity.
Board Terms & Participation:
The ADI’s Advisory Board Members will serve a one-year term. Advisory Board meetings will be held at a minimum once a year, but Advisory Board Members are encouraged to particpate in Governance Board meetings and there are additional meeting requirements associated with committee assignments .
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about the ADI’s mission and who has a track record of leadership. Selected Advisory Board members will have achieved leadership stature in business, government, philanthropy, and/or the nonprofit sector. His/her accomplishments will allow him/her to attract other well-qualified, high-performing Board Members.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Specialized training and experience in Psychology/Psychiatry, Social Work, Mental Health Non-profit Administration, Accounting, Law, Medicine, Personal Training and/or Physical Therapy.
- Extensive professional experience with significant executive leadership accomplishments in business, mental health counseling, physical therapy/training, accounting, law, government, philanthropy, and/or the nonprofit sector.
- A commitment to and understanding of the ADI’s beneficiaries, preferably based on experience.
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of the ADI’s beneficiaries.
Service on the ADI’s Advisory Board is without remuneration, except for reimbursement for reasonable expenses in relation to the direct duties as a Board Member.
About ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION INITIATIVE
PO BOX 126, LITTLE FALLS, NJ 07424, US
The Anxiety & Depression Initiative seeks to promote the benefits of an active and healthy lifestyle while living with anxiety, depression and related disorders, to provide general information about mental health resources and to overall help lessen the stigmas associated with anxiety, depression and related disorders.
The Anxiety & Depression Initiative is a New Jersey based nonprofit organization incorporated in 2015, recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization.
The Anxiety & Depression Initiative is dedicated to promoting and supporting the use of an active and healthy lifestyle as a means to reduce the symptoms of anxiety and depression in our community.
We'll work with your schedule.
PO Box 126Little Falls, NJ 07512
- Executive Admin
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Community Outreach
- Advisory Board meetings will be held at a minimum once a year, but Advisory Board Members are encouraged to participate in Governance Board meetings and there are additional meeting requirements associated with committee assignments.