Legal Administrative Volunteer
1 person is interested
Our professional attorneys, staff, law school interns and pro-bono attorneys offer legal counseling for low-income immigrants. Catholic Charities is seeking volunteers to assist with administrative tasks and provide basic information to clients. The services we provide are:
- Family based Visa petitions
- Permanent Residency (Green Card) Application & Renewal
- Citizenship and Naturalization
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival
- Juveniles in Foster Care
- VAWA cases (victims of domestic abuse) and U-Visas
- Consultations regarding immigration options
- Assist with translation of documents from Spanish to English, including birth certificates, marriage certificates, declarations and more.
- Assist with copying and scanning documents
- Assist with filing and data entry
- Provide basic consultation information to "drop in" clients
- Attention to detail, excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to speak, read, and write in Spanish is preferred
- Have worked in an office environment, preferably a legal office
- Professional technology skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, Google Drive and database software
- Ability to scan, edit and create .PDF files and experience with shared folders
About Catholic Charities East Bay
433 Jefferson Street, Oakland, CA 94607, US
Catholic Charities East Bay works with youth, children, and families to promote resilience, strengthen families, and pursue safety and justice.
Catholic Charities East Bay provides innovative solutions to help people who struggle with poverty and other complex issues. We work with youth, children, and families to promote self-sufficiency, strengthen families and pursue safety and justice. Help is offered through counseling, case management, financial support when facing a housing crisis, and more. We serve and work in partnership with all and celebrate the diversity of our community, including people of all backgrounds, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, and religious or spiritual affiliation or belief.
Learn more about how we are making a difference in the East Bay.
We'll work with your schedule.
217 Harbour WayRichmond, CA 94801
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- Immigration Law
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- • Prefer volunteer to help out at least 8 hours per week for 4 months
- • Must complete a LiveScan background check paid for by Catholic Charities • Must complete and online training in recognizing and reporting abuse