Administrative Support Specialist - Ventura County
DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
Special Olympics Southern California’s (SOSC) vision is to promote acceptance, inclusion, and well-being for people with intellectual disabilities through sports. Special Olympics is the world’s largest sports organization for people with intellectual disabilities: with 4.4 million athletes in 170 countries. Through the power of sports, our athletes discover new strengths and abilities, skills, and success - on the playing field and in life. Administrative Support Specialists help move our mission forward with project-based tasks throughout the office.
Projects vary week-to-week. While orientation would be in office, certain tasks may be accomplished virtually. Here are some examples of projects needing assistance:
- Manage influx of athlete forms and volunteer information - scanning & filing hard copies, etc.
- Filing pertinent information in coach and volunteer files
- Event preparation - sorting & organizing medals/ribbons, preparing event boxes for Tip-a-Cop and other LETR activities (rolling t-shirts, sorting marketing materials, etc.), and sports and program events like Olympic Village, venue check-in boxes, and more
- Assisting with various administrative projects like facility research, correspondence with athlete & volunteer referrals, etc.
TRAINING & SUPPORT
- Individual instruction and support before and during each task
- Overview of SOSC policies as it pertains to tasks
- Overview of equipment, if applicable
- Furthering the vision of acceptance, inclusion, and well-being for people with intellectual disabilities
- Connecting people to the world of sports
- Help SOSC achieve its mission and expedite progress on goals
- Endorsement on LinkedIn for excellent work
About Special Olympics Southern California
1600 Forbes Way, Suite 200, Long Beach, CA 90810, US
Special Olympics Southern California is a nonprofit organization that empowers individuals with intellectual disabilities to become physically fit, productive and respected members of society through sports training and competition. It is one of 52 Chapters within the United States and part of Special Olympics, Inc., which serves 3 million athletes in 180 countries worldwide. The mission of Special Olympics Southern California is to provide year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes and the community.
Special Olympics transforms lives through the joy of sport, every day, everywhere. We are the world's largest sports organization for people with intellectual disabilities: with 4.4 million athletes in 170 countries -- and millions more volunteers and supporters. We are also a global and social movement.
Through the power of sports, people with intellectual disabilities discover new strengths and abilities, skills, and success. Our athletes find joy, confidence and fulfillment -- on the playing field and in life. They also inspire people in their communities and elsewhere to open their hearts to a wider world of human talents and potential. Please view the following video to see the full spectrum of our activities.
Our athletes always come first.
Honesty, integrity, and mutual respect are the core principles of our organization, and we pledge to treat all athletes, coaches, volunteers, staff members, and donors according to these principles.
We pledge that all decisions will be made in support of our mission and that all resources should be optimized for the direct benefit of our athletes.
We'll work with your schedule.
4531 Market Street #FVentura, CA 93003
- Administrative Support
- Event Planning / Management
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- - Minimum of 1-2 days a week, approximately 4 hours each. - Schedule is flexible - Some tasks may be outside of office like delivering materials for events
- - Excellent oral and written communication skills - Excellent organizational skills and initiative to improve processes - Proficiency with MS Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook