Thrift store Associate (must be 55 or older)
Volunteers for Community Impact
* Follow procedure to open and close the store
* Follow procedures for maintenance checklist
* Display, straighten and re-arrange merchandise displays
* Monitor dressing room and sales floor to provide loss prevention
* Return dressing room merchandise to displays
* Assist shoppers find items and take to register
* Straighten shoes
* Light cleaning (dusting displays, sweeping floors, breakdown boxes, pick up and remove trash, etc.)
* Smile and have fun!
09:00 AM to 01:00 PM
01:00 PM to 05:00 PM
NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Volunteers for Community Impact
3545 Lake Breeze Dr., Orlando, FL 32808, US
Our mission: "Improving Lives Through Volunteerism."
We are the leading organization for senior volunteerism in the greater Central Florida area, serving Orange, Osceola, Seminole and Volusia counties. Just last year, 1,186 caring adult volunteers gave 438,683 hours of service. That is more than $9.5 million dollars worth of volunteer service being poured back into our communities.
Previously known as Florida Senior Programs, VCI has been the sponsoring agency for the REtired & Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) and Foster Grandparent Programs since 1977. Our 36 year presence has proven our aptitude for providing meaningful and impactful volunteer experiences.
VCI provides membership benefits and support to volunteers aged 55+, at no cost to the volunteers or their volunteer stations. Just a few of the benefits of membership include: Supplemental insurance while volunteering, a dedicated coordinator, and matching to find the perfect position to fit the interest of the volunteer.