Distribution Center Assistant (55+)
Volunteers for Community Impact
The Christian Sharing Center is in need of assistance in sorting all of the donations that they have received. This is in person and mask are required. Large garage size door will be open for air flow. The volunteer will:
*Greet and welcome any donors
* Assist in unloading donations
* Provide donor with donation receipt
* Load donations to shopping carts or flat carts as required
* Inspect all items donated depending upon type of merchandise
* Place items in appropriate areas of the warehouse
* Pull merchandise as requested by thrift store to replenish stock
* Deliver assembled merchandise to thrift store
* Deliver Boutique items daily to back of boutique for pricing and display
* Smile and have fun!
09:00 AM to 01:00 PM
NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Volunteers for Community Impact
3545 Lake Breeze Dr., Orlando, FL 32808, US
Our mission: "Improving Lives Through Volunteerism."
We are the leading organization for senior volunteerism in the greater Central Florida area, serving Orange, Osceola, Seminole and Volusia counties. Just last year, 1,186 caring adult volunteers gave 438,683 hours of service. That is more than $9.5 million dollars worth of volunteer service being poured back into our communities.
Previously known as Florida Senior Programs, VCI has been the sponsoring agency for the REtired & Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) and Foster Grandparent Programs since 1977. Our 36 year presence has proven our aptitude for providing meaningful and impactful volunteer experiences.
VCI provides membership benefits and support to volunteers aged 55+, at no cost to the volunteers or their volunteer stations. Just a few of the benefits of membership include: Supplemental insurance while volunteering, a dedicated coordinator, and matching to find the perfect position to fit the interest of the volunteer.