4 people are interested
We are looking for a volunteer Counselor-in-Charge for Thursday mornings from 8:45am to 12:30pm, starting immediately.
It is a great opportunity to interact with entrepreneurs in a positive environment. The duties include answering the phone and explaining to potential clients about our business mentoring services, scheduling appointments in an online calendar, coordinating volunteer mentors, welcoming clients and making sure the office runs smoothly. The office is in White Plains.
About SCORE Westchester
120 Bloomingdale Rd., NYS Dept. of Labor, White Plains, NY 10605, US
SCORE, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is dedicated to helping small businesses get off the ground, grow and achieve their goals through education and mentoring. Our mission is to foster vibrant small business communities through mentoring and education.
SCORE, America's premier source of free and confidential small business advice for entrepreneurs and small businesses, is a nonprofit resource partner with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). We have over 300 SCORE offices across the country and 10,000 volunteers offering free business mentoring and low- or no-cost workshops.
For over 50 years, SCORE's thousands of working and retired business professionals have volunteered to support the success of small business nationwide. SCORE business mentoring is free and confidential.
- Free, confidential business mentoring in person, via email or by video
- Volunteer mentors who share their expertise across industries
- Free business tools, templates and tips online
- Inexpensive or free business workshops (locally) and webinars (online 24/7)
We'll work with your schedule.
120 Bloomingdale Rd.NYS Dept. of LaborWhite Plains, NY 10605
- Office Reception
- Office Management
- Administrative Support
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Basic Computer Skills
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 8:45am to 12:30pm on Thursdays.
- Interest in business and entrepreneurship; commitment to teamwork and collaboration; basic computer skills; positive phone manner; commitment to helping others.