Event Planning Volunteer Lead
2 people are interested
·Takes a leadership role in planning logistics of Red Cross special events
· Assists with event execution, including working with event venue, caterer, soliciting auction items, coordinating volunteer support, and coordinating community outreach.
· Helping major fundraising event - Heroes Nominations for Heroes Luncheons
-Duties may include contacting nominator and nominee for Heroes Award; gathering story and contact information; and maintaining spreadsheet to track nominations.
· Work closely with Relationship Managers; soliciting businesses for in-kind donations; maintaining spreadsheet of donations; sending thank you letters; and coordinating day-of event logistics.
· Work with staff to ensure that sponsors are actively cultivated.
· Work with staff to coordinate volunteers for day-of event.
Questions: Karla Legorreta at Karla.Legorreta@redcross.org
About American Red Cross - Orange County
601 North Golden Circle Dr., Santa Ana, CA 92705, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. People like you, serving as Blood Services Ambassadors helping to improve a blood donor's experience or serving as a Blood Driver, transporting life saving blood and blood product make a difference every day. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
We'll work with your schedule.
600 Park Center Dr.Santa Ana, CA 92705
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Resource Development / Management
- Internet Research
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5+ hours a week including occasional evenings and weekends
- · Good communication skills · Attention to detail · Strong interpersonal skills