4 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Rodgers Tavern Museum
Please visit the new page to apply.
4 people are interested
Provide the people power needed to make special events a success at our Museum. Event volunteers serve as museum ambassadors to special event guests and participants, making sure that event details are handled with precision and attention to detail. Under the direction of the Museum Director and/or Town of Perryville staf or other volunteers, event volunteers assist on the event day for set-up, guest assistance and registration and/or clean up. Event volunteers have the option of assisting with pre-event planning, logistics, design, and event coordination necessary for the successful outcome of the Museum's special events and functions.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Process and/or send out invitations/mailings, book speakers or talent, help with publicity, compile guest lists, write out name-tags, record RSVPs, among other duties.
- Must be available on evenings and weekend as necessary to participated in the planning, setup, execution, and takedown of special events.
- Greet event attendees, hand out information.
- Assist with admissions
- Assist at hospitality areas serving food or beverages.
- General event monitoring and crowd flow management (direct visitors)
- Help guests have a safe and enjoyable visit.
About Rodgers Tavern Museum
259 Broad Street, Perryville, MD 21903, US
Rodgers Tavern, a vital link along one of the most important roadways in America's early history, preserves and shares the inimitable stores of tavern residents and travelers through dynamic, engaging experiences that encourage exploration of our area's rich cultural and natural legacy.
The famous and not so famous stayed at this vital link along an important roadway in American history. The museum share their unique stories.
The Rodgers Tavern Museum welcomes volunteers for many different kinds of work. There are opportunities for volunteers to help with museum collections, serve as history guides to help visitors explore the past, assist with special events, contribute to social media channels and work in the gift shop. The museum needs volunteers with a variety of skills in public relations, administration, retail sales, and cataloging and documenting museum collections.
Some of the benefits volunteers receive include, but are not limited to:
- access to advanced ticket sales
- free or reduced rates to enrichment workshops and lectures
- meet and work with outstanding people who share a common interest
- letter of reference for school or job applications
259 Broad StreetPerryville, MD 21903
August 17, 2023
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Program Management
- Event Planning / Management
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Schedules are set to conform to individual volunteer availability and museum hours of operation.
- Potential volunteers are required to complete a Volunteer Application to provide information on themselves, specific areas of interest, previous experience and personal references.