CUBA Exhibition at Discovery Place Science
6 people are interested
Discovery Place Science is looking for volunteers to help in our new featured exhibition CUBA! Volunteer will play an important role in the exhibition performing the following duties with the opportunity to do more as the exhibition evolves.
Roaming Exhibit Hosts Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor the inflow of visitors throughout the exhibit and make necessary crowd control adjustments as needed
- Responsible for engaging with guests and answering questions and serving as an additional avenue of information
- Aid in monitoring visitor interaction with the exhibit and report inappropriate conduct or suspicious activity to Discovery Place staff or Manager on Duty.
- Oversee the well-being of the exhibit and report any exhibit damage to Discovery Place staff or Manager on Duty.
- Ensure the highest level of customer service by providing visitors prompt and timely resolutions to complaints or grievances.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience working with the public
- Good communication skills
We ask that volunteers are able to commit to the length of the exhibition, November 9, 2019 to January 1, 2020 and be able to fill at least one to two shifts per week.
Bilingual volunteers are a plus for this position!
We would love to have you join our volunteer team for this exhibition!
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Discovery Place, Inc.
301 North Tryon St., Charlotte, NC 28202, US
The mission of Discovery Place, Inc. is to stimulate the public's interest in and understanding of science, mathematics, and technology by providing quality educational facilities, activities, and exhibits
Discovery Place, Inc. is a private 501c(3) not-for-profit education organization dedicated to inspiring exploration of the natural and social world through extraordinary exhibitions and educational programs that inform, challenge and engage audiences of all ages.
Discovery Place Science301 North Tryon StreetCharlotte, NC 28202
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- We ask that volunteers are able to commit to the length of the exhibition, November 9, 2019 to January 1, 2020 and be able to fill at least one to two shifts per week.
- Qualifications: • Ability to stand for long periods of time • Excellent customer service skills • Experience working with the public • Good communication skills